Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Archive - old posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My pi doesn't skip from player to weather, just remains there. But maybe that's because I'm not showing the weather option.
I just look outside Wink

pause screen is normal with progressbar
(2013-05-28, 11:44)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-27, 13:34)Smobbo Wrote: [ -> ]It is the main reason i'm still on QuartzReloaded Wink.

Doesn't Reloaded show regular recently added? Smile

Yeah, but I changed that to use next unwatched (also committed to github) Wink.
With ambers new full screen widget I don't know how to do that Wink
Hey thanks for a good looking skin. Smile

I have a question however. I've customised my shelf on the home page, so that I've removed weather and videos. I have then enabled concerts and made my own "boxing" to be on the shelf, but.. Concerts don't show up on the shelf. The Boxing does show with my own pic and all, but how do I make it a button like "movies", but where it goes to the location of my boxing on my harddrive. I've tried everything I could think of also restarting Rpi, but no matter what, concerts doesn't show and I can't give boxing a function.

Hope it's fairly understandable reading. Smile would appreciate it if someone could give me a solution to these two issues.

If it matters I'm using openelec and XBMC 12.2 "frodo"
(2013-06-03, 15:27)Tyskrum Wrote: [ -> ]I have a question however. I've customised my shelf on the home page, so that I've removed weather and videos. I have then enabled concerts and made my own "boxing" to be on the shelf, but.. Concerts don't show up on the shelf. The Boxing does show with my own pic and all, but how do I make it a button like "movies", but where it goes to the location of my boxing on my harddrive. I've tried everything I could think of also restarting Rpi, but no matter what, concerts doesn't show and I can't give boxing a function.

So you would wan't Music videos as main menu item, along with movies and the rest? Did you enable it in skin settings?

Shelf is what you get when you push UP on home screen - a shelf with recent media on it.
Ah sorry thought shelf was the main menu bar. Smile
Yes I have enabled "Concerts" but it won't show on the main menu. Also made another "Boxing" which it will show, but I can't assign any function to it. I'd like it to go to a specific folder on my harddrive.

Yes you're correct. I want concerts and boxing to be on the menu along with movies and tv shows and so on.

Thanks for the quick reply Pecinko. It's still an awesome looking skin. Smile
@Tyskrum
Have you set the content for music videos (concerts) as musicvideos and used a scraper like concerts db or aduiodb?
If you haven´t scraped anything or if you use the wrong scraper it will not show up on the home menu as there is nothing in the library.

Linking other favorites to home menu works, whatever you link should work (playlists, smart playlists, addons, genres and other sets, network folders... all should work).
At least it does for me on 3 different systems (OSX, Pi and IOS).
Hi miappa.

I just checked with concerts. The concerts folder on my harddrive is set as Musik videos and is using theaudiodb as scraper. Also the "scan recursively" is on, but the other two off.

As to the more custom Boxing in my menu. I'm able to see it on the home screen, but how I connect it with a path to my harddrive I can't seem to find out. Probably used hours now Smile. Do you have a detailed description how you've done with your customised menu points? It would be highly appreciated. Smile

It's so strange. I just can't find the solutions.

Thanks for helping. Smile

Edit:
Regarding concerts: I have now discovered that I can make it scan through my concerts folder with the scraper. Is it likely that its because the scraper doesn't recognise and download any data for the concerts I have, that the concerts menu point doesn't show up either?
I think you should start a new thread as it doesn´t seem to be a general skin issue, more specific to your setup. Correct me if I am wrong anyone, but it really works for me.
All I do is add "whatever" to favorites and add it in the settings menu.

Edit:
Great, you solved it, nice to hear. Smart playlists is another option as well, and you can also use nfo-files etc.
Yes, you are probably right that it doesn´t pick up when scraping. There isn´t much for concerts at the moment and I believe that other scrapers are better, but music videos should work (don´t have many myself).
(2013-06-04, 19:02)miappa Wrote: [ -> ]I think you should start a new thread as it doesn´t seem to be a general skin issue, more specific to your setup. Correct me if I am wrong anyone, but it really works for me.
All I do is add "whatever" to favorites and add it in the settings menu.

You just solved it miappa. What I needed to do was add "whatever" to favorites[b] in order to be able to select them when I make my own menu points. My boxing folder is now connected to the boxing menu point. As for concerts I created my own concerts menu point, instead of using the predefined one in the list. This means it doesn't scrape for any info in the folder, but that's okay. I have a feeling that the reason I can't see the predefined concerts menu point, is that the scraper doesn't recognise any of my concerts as they are recordings of single bands at festivals and not anything released on DVD or anything. Doesn't that sound likely? Blush

Anyways thanks for the help, you solved it. Big Grin[/b]
Does the last version on Git fix seek bar disapearing on some RPis?

https://github.com/pecinko/skin.amber/ar...master.zip
About to move house so pi-less for a bit, but will test on mine asap
Weird bug though because I never had that issue.
Will install latest from git anyway and report back any problems.
(2013-06-06, 13:05)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]Does the last version on Git fix seek bar disapearing on some RPis?

https://github.com/pecinko/skin.amber/ar...master.zip

I really would like to help, but i have no problem with seekbar. Maybe i'll have it after update? Smile Will check.
Something is really wrong with latest git version, or something went wrong in my setup.
CPU on Pi is close to 100% all the time, even on very calm screens where before CPU was at ≈ 15%.
This makes it really slow and pretty much unusable.
Changed to Confluence which behaved normal, tried another light skin which also behaved normal.

I will try to remove guisettings.xml and reinstall the skin and see if it persists (if the install went bad).
Will report back.

Edit: I couldn´t get it to work and unfortunately I did not save the old version, so at the moment I am off Amber. Sad
Anyone lese seeing this or is it something wrong with my Pi or setup?
double post. delete