Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Debug Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Firstly, sorry to not include a log file but this is part of the reason why I'm posting.

I'm getting the following error when I enter my movie folder within XBMC GUI.

Assertion Failed

Program: C:\ Program Files (x86)\ XBMC\ XBMC.exe
File: libavformat/utils.c
Line: 2195

Expressions: s-> chapters [i] -> start < = s - > chapters [ i +1] - > start

Reading some posts in the forum, I see that turning on debugging was requested by some members in order for them to help. I've enabled this within XBMC and repeated the same actions as before and it comes up with the same error and I'm given three options

Abort, Retry, and Ignore

So to debug it mentions to select retry and that JIT needs to be enabled. Firstly can someone enlighten me on what JIT is and how to enable it and what I should be seeing after selecting retry?

What I do see is a windows message saying "XBMC has stopped working" Windows is checking for a solution, It then just gives the option to close the program.

I can't see that any log has been produced, which is rather annoying seeing as many people who posted on this very error seem to have no problem what so ever. Maybe I'm missing somethingHuh

I did add a large amount of movies recently and a number didn't get recognised when they were automatically scanned with Media Centre Master v2.05. Reading up about this error it appears that it's a problem with getting info from the file itself (Hope I'm correct?) So I wonder if MCM which continually is trying to re scan the movies, is causing the crash because it's using the files and XBMC can't access them??

I really don't know to be honest, and without the log I can't see what the problem isHuh

I'll provide below as much info as I can and if someone is able to point me in the right direction that would be great.

So to sum up, I just want to get XBMC logging this error and a little help sorting the error.

XBMC 11.0 PRE GIT: 20120302- 7885010 (Compiled Mar 2nd 2012)
Aeon MQ3 2.0.1 (SKIN)
MCM v2.05
Windows Home Premium 64bit
16GB Memory
i5 3570k 3.40GHZ

If I can provide anymore information to help things along then please ask

Thanks
look in the Debug Log which video it tries to scan and remove that one because it's causing your issues.

Any reason you are still using 11.0 pre and not the stable release or 12.1?
Thank you Martijn for the quick reply.... I'll check things out.

The reason I've not updated to a higher version is because my system was pre configured buy someone else and until I got time to read up on updating to Frodo I thought it best to wait otherwise I may loose some of my settings. I assume I follow this procedure to get my log file and can't just browse my folder and copy and paste?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file/Easy

I ask because I can't seem to locate a xbmc.log file anywhere?
Great!!! I have the log now. I was looking in the wrong place Smile

The log is big, so do you know off hand what sort of entry I should be looking for that relates to my above error?

It would help me narrow things dowm??
You could always post it to http://xbmclogs.com/ and link it here, and we can have a look as well.