Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Doesnt see all films
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im having a problem with XBMC, I like the layout and everything and want to use it in all rooms of my house the only issue this stopping this from happening is the fact that out of the 1100 films I have xbmc only manages to see around 300 of them. This seems like a very basic error but I can't get my head round it.

Any help
Not sure but xbmc only detects movie when it finds the metadata from imdb or other sources...
(Unless you set it to show movie path instead..)

So probably the undetected movies didn't have metadata yet?
Theres alot of popular movies there so in theory stuff like kindergarden cop and total recall (new version) should be read (examples of movies not appearing) as should the batman films
In the link Martijn provided you above, pay particular attention to the section on file naming. Incorrect file naming is the most common reason for movies not getting scanned into the library... GIGO.
What I do is go to Themoviedb.org and make sure my folders/files are named correctly and with no spelling errors.

My naming convention goes like this
Moviename (year).Blu-Ray

My usual problem is spelling error or Movie year is incorrect.
XBMC is VERY picky about naming and folder structure.

I had to move all my movies out of my video folder, and now am verifying the name and moving them back in batches of 5 and verifying they show up, then doing another 5.

It's a bit tedious, but good to do anyways, I have a lot of movie files dating back 10ish years and this lets me check for duplicates and movies that are rendered in low resolution so I can re-rip from the DVD now that storage space is less of a problem!