Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon MQ4 questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just upgraded from MQ3 to MQ4 and i have a couple of questions and problems

- RSS ticker isnt working if i put it on bottom of the screen. Also, it isnt possible anymore to stick it on top of the screen ?

- When i move over movies menu, it will display the last watched movie. How can i list the lastest 5 added movies instead ?

- XBMC always start focused on TV Series menu. Is it possible to start focused on movies menu ?

- Is there a way to use more than 10 favorites for the custom menus ? This is an HUGE downside compared to MQ3

- In the movie INFO window, i noticed there are now movie logos. I found the function to get the movie logo for a specific movie, but is there a way to scan & find the movie logos for each of the 2000 movies inside my library ? I'm not gonna do it manually for each of them

- For TV Series, I am using coverflow to display the seasons pockets but the items are repeated endlessly. Is it possible to switch to fixed list display so each items are only displayed once ? I don't want an endless list.
Updated first post with more questions
Another question:

When browsing movies, how can i display the original file name instead of just the scanned movie name ? It was possible with MQ3 but can't find how do do it with MQ4
(2013-04-28, 21:32)anarchoi Wrote: [ -> ]I just upgraded from MQ3 to MQ4 and i have a couple of questions and problems

- RSS ticker isnt working if i put it on bottom of the screen. Also, it isnt possible anymore to stick it on top of the screen? - What do you mean it doesn't work properly? If you choose furniture on the bottom menu of the home screen, this will allow you to customise where each item sits. You can't customise the 'furniture' anymore that what this menu allows.

- When i move over movies menu, it will display the last watched movie. How can i list the lastest 5 added movies instead ? - The recently added/random items are listed at the top of the screen. Press the up arrow until these shows. You will need to have skin widgets installed for this to work on Frodo though

- XBMC always start focused on TV Series menu. Is it possible to start focused on movies menu? - I'm not sure. You could try changing the postion of the items in the customisation menu.

- Is there a way to use more than 10 favorites for the custom menus ? This is an HUGE downside compared to MQ3 - No. You can add 10 add-ons, 10 video playlists and 10 audio playlists in addition to the favourites.

- In the movie INFO window, i noticed there are now movie logos. I found the function to get the movie logo for a specific movie, but is there a way to scan & find the movie logos for each of the 2000 movies inside my library ? I'm not gonna do it manually for each of them - Yes. Choose 'auto mode'.

- For TV Series, I am using coverflow to display the seasons pockets but the items are repeated endlessly. Is it possible to switch to fixed list display so each items are only displayed once ? I don't want an endless list. - Yes. When in this view, press up until you are on the top menu. Under one of the headers (of the top of my head I think it may be collection') choose 'fixed list'.

Replied above to each point.

(2013-05-01, 05:45)anarchoi Wrote: [ -> ]Another question:

When browsing movies, how can i display the original file name instead of just the scanned movie name ? It was possible with MQ3 but can't find how do do it with MQ4

There is an option under the video settings menu. Without looking at my system, which I can't do at the moment, I can't remember what it’s exactly called.
Hello, thanks for your answer:

Quote:- RSS ticker isnt working if i put it on bottom of the screen. Also, it isnt possible anymore to stick it on top of the screen? - What do you mean it doesn't work properly? If you choose furniture on the bottom menu of the home screen, this will allow you to customise where each item sits. You can't customise the 'furniture' anymore that what this menu allows.
- Rss ticket just doesn't work if i put it to the bottom, It will completly disseapear including the ticket itself

Quote:- When i move over movies menu, it will display the last watched movie. How can i list the lastest 5 added movies instead ? - The recently added/random items are listed at the top of the screen. Press the up arrow until these shows. You will need to have skin widgets installed for this to work on Frodo though
Oh i thought it was possible to configure the skin to display the last added movies with their media cases like in MQ3

Quote:- XBMC always start focused on TV Series menu. Is it possible to start focused on movies menu? - I'm not sure. You could try changing the postion of the items in the customisation menu.
Ok thats what i did and its working

Quote:- For TV Series, I am using coverflow to display the seasons pockets but the items are repeated endlessly. Is it possible to switch to fixed list display so each items are only displayed once ? I don't want an endless list. - Yes. When in this view, press up until you are on the top menu. Under one of the headers (of the top of my head I think it may be collection') choose 'fixed list'.
It works when i am using coverflow for displaying movies, but when i am using it to display a tv serie's season i don't have any option to switch to fixed list. This is very weird.

Quote:There is an option under the video settings menu. Without looking at my system, which I can't do at the moment, I can't remember what it’s exactly called.
Fixed my problem, i realised i have to launch my favorite in video mode and not in library mode or else there is no way to display the filenames in library (that sucks)

Quote:- Is there a way to use more than 10 favorites for the custom menus ? This is an HUGE downside compared to MQ3 - No. You can add 10 add-ons, 10 video playlists and 10 audio playlists in addition to the favourites.
I ended up manually editing IncludesMainMenu.xml because i needed way more than 10 favorites in the custom menus. I hope MQ5 will allow more favorites to be used.

Quote:- In the movie INFO window, i noticed there are now movie logos. I found the function to get the movie logo for a specific movie, but is there a way to scan & find the movie logos for each of the 2000 movies inside my library ? I'm not gonna do it manually for each of them - Yes. Choose 'auto mode'.
Thanks!

Will it also automatically scan the movie logos for the new movies that will be added to the database in the future or will i have to run the "auto mode" from time to time ?
No problem.

No you will need to run it every so often for it to pick up artwork for the new movies. I just run mine every time I have new media in my library.
Hello All,

I made the move over to Aeon-MQ4 this morning. Love it, have a question regarding playlists. I was following a guide written by Assassin.

I have My file setup as such.

Z:\Movies
Z:\TV Shows
Z:\Anime

Now Movies and TV Shows are on the main menu, but Anime isn't and the way around this is to make a playlist. I went through the menu and selected path is Z:\Anime, and it shows up blank.
I tried path contains Anime, and that showed up blank. What exactly am I doing wrong? I appreciate any help.
Try following this.
(2013-07-16, 09:15)Samu-rai Wrote: [ -> ]Try following this.

Sorry for hijacking this thread but I was wondering if I could still keep the "TV Shows" and "Movies" playlists while adding new custom playlists?
Sure. Just follow the same steps but don't remove the existing TV show and Movie buttons from the main menu.