Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MCE-Remote: Volume key is not repeating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi again,

I am using XBMC (12.1) with an Hama MCE (Ortek VRC-1100) remote-control under Debian Linux without lirc.

My keyboard.xml for volume is:

Code:
<keymap>
    <global>
      <keyboard>
      [...]
      <volume_up>VolumeUp</volume_up>
      <volume_down>VolumeDown</volume_down>
      <volume_mute>Mute</volume_mute>
      [...]

Most buttons (e.g. Up-Button) are repeating: I can press it and hold it and the associated action is repeated since I release the button.
But not the volume-buttons: I have to press it again and again to reduce or increase the volume. Huh

Does anybody has any idea how to change this behaviour?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Thomas

PS: This may be an OS-specific-problem, but I am not sure of this, so I choose the general board.
(2013-04-30, 23:42)tkn777 Wrote: [ -> ]PS: This may be an OS-specific-problem, but I am not sure of this

Or maybe the Volume buttons are hardwired on the remote not to send repeated keypress signals when held down? As a test, try mapping some buttons that do repeat to the VolumeUp and VolumeDown actions and see if they repeat when held down. For example, if you know the Up and Down buttons repeat, you can add the following to the global section of your keyboard.xml file to swap the actions of the Up/Down and VolumeUp/VolumeDown buttons:
Code:
<up>VolumeUp</up>
<down>VolumeDown</down>
<volume_up>Up</volume_up>
<volume_down>Down</volume_down>
Obviously, I'm not advocating sacrificing these two often-used navigation buttons to control volume, but this is just a test to see if there's anything inherent with the VolumeUp/VolumeDown actions that prevent them from repeating. If using the remapped Up/Down buttons can now increase/decrease the volume continuously when pressed and held and, conversely, using the VolumeUp/VolumeDown buttons can no longer navigate up/down a list continuously when pressed and held, then most likely the issue lies outside of XBMC.
You are right: It is a problem of the remote. It works well when I switch the buttons as you mentioned above; Also the linux-command "showkeys" says that the key code for this button is submitted only once. Sad
i have the same remote and issue.

the IR-receiver blinks per key-press
it also continues blinking till you let go
it does this for any button, volume or direction

what ( between the dongle & the tv )
is ignoring repeat for only the volume keys ?

im looking for some assistance. where can i force this setting
usb rules ? x11 keyboard ? kernel switches ?