Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Linux] XBMCBuntu - Music Crossfade not working correctly...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to get the Music crossfade function working, but I'm having trouble...

Using XbmcBuntu with optical or hdmi on a Revo.
All tracks play fine individually.

i.e with a 15sec crossfade...

About 15secs before the end of the 1st track, Xbmc plays the 2nd track.
The 1st track then begins to fade out... (which I can hear correctly)
I'm assuming that the 2nd track should begin to fade in as the 1st track fades out, but I can only hear the 1st track fading out.
However at the 15sec (of the 2nd track) mark the 2nd track suddenly jumps back in at full volume.

So it seems that the fading in of the 2nd track is not working.

Any thoughts on how to get it to work?

Thanks
Start with a debug logfile, please.
(2013-05-01, 09:29)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Start with a debug logfile, please.

Hi thanks for the reply, I did'nt post a logfile, because I thought/hoped there might have been a known bug or fix...
(I did search the forums before posting though Smile ).

Here is my debug logfile.

http://pastebin.com/7VrbSdy6

This is basically just booting the machine to the dash, then selecting the 1st track in an album and letting it play to the next track.
Crossfade is set to 15secs.
Just to clarify.
The 1st track plays fine and switches to the next (2nd) track 15 secs before the end of the 1st track.
The 1st track fades out correctly - the next track should be fading in at this point... except it does'nt...
15secs into the next track it jumps back in at full volume.

Thanks (again)
It is a bug with visualization. Please try to disable the visualization.
Hi, I have the same issue, running Frodo via Crystalbuntu/ATV1 set-up. Tried disabling visualisation to no effect.

Any other ideas for work-arounds/patches?
Rewrite of SoftAE :-) It is already working in that rewrite, yes. Will probably come "as option" in next merge window.
Thanks, good to know that it's a known issue...and that a fix may be in sight!
In the meantime, is there an alternative to SoftAE already in the build somewhere that I can enable somehow? I'm a long, long way from being an expert but I can execute a few commands via putty if need be...?
No.
OK, thanks. Final question...where can I monitor to see if/when this bug has been fixed? Should I just keep an eye on Frodo release notes?