Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Suddenly XBMC changed on me!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I use XBMC on MK802iiis with a remote keypad on my TV. I enjoed very much customizing it so the kids will have fun watching movies. I applied the skin AEON MQ4 and was supper happy. I even succeeded in backuping everything.
After a coupple of days of enjoyment, suddenly the XBMC screen turned small (occupied about a 1/4 of the screen) and the bottons on the touchpad (Left) didn't respond at all so I could not even try to change the view to full screen.
I started trying to do several things:
I changed the skin to the default and no use.
I tried the touchpad on other apps - it worked fine.
I tried to restart the XBMC several times.
I thought maybe my MK heated or got "tired" and let it to rest for a few hours. when I started it again there was no change.
I restored all the files from the backup (I thought I was so clever to backup everything) but no change.
I looked for a way to reset everything but what I found was to edit files that seem a way to complicated for me (I'm a regular user with no pretention of programming).
After getting very frastrated i left it.

This morning I started it again with every intention to reinstall the XBMC but, the same way it got smaller, today it started in fullscreen and the bottons on the touchpad worked fine.
I sware I deed nothing to make both things happen!!!!!
"/" button on keyboart toogle betwen window mode and fullscreen.
Thank u for your quick reply.
I can not try it now because XBMC is in full screen now and I would want to molest it by trying.
It shrunk again after I wrote the post. I shut everything down, opened now and it's in full screen again. It's driving me crazy. (or I'm already there, because I feel like I'm talking about a creature.)
It was not only the problem of full screen but also the left touch-pad button that did not work and does work when it's in fullscreen mode.

Thank you
Thank u lewy20041. You are my god now!!!!!!!
The screen has shrunk again so I tried to use the"\" and it WORKED!!!!
Not only the screen is in full mode but strangly the button of the touch-pad workes too!!!!
I think it's deffently a bug of some sort.

Thank you again.
maybe when it shrink it lose focus on xbmc thats why buttons may stop working:"
No, it does not loose focus. I can do anything - move the mouse, write using my keypad, selecting movies using the enter key on the keyboard. I just can't use the mouse buttons.
I think he's saying that this might only happen if you switch to a different app and then swtich back to XMBC?
No! It happened twice while I was switching in XBMC, for example ended to see one movie and was looking for another one.
Next times it happen randomaly while opening XBMC. Sometimes it was small and sometimes it was full screen. I don't seem to find any consistent scenario .
After I did the '\" trick and stayed with the default skin it has been OK for the whole day. Maybe I'll try to switch to AEON skin again because it's so great for the kids.