Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [REQUEST] YouTubeTV add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there!

Before anything else, thank you guys for the amazing piece of software that is the default YouTube add-on.

That been said, some time ago YouTube has released an official TV "add-on" that is in fact a webpage that you can visit at www.youtube.com/tv and it's awesome. I was thinking if there is any way to run this on XBMC without going thru Advanced Launcher, because AL restricts simple remote control settings and does not work properly on Raspbmc/Openelec on Raspberry Pi.

I think it would be pretty outstanding to have such a great experience as is the one that YouTubeTV provides directly on XBMC.
(2013-05-01, 08:05)YShin Wrote: [ -> ]That been said, some time ago YouTube has released an official TV "add-on" that is in fact a webpage that you can visit at www.youtube.com/tv and it's awesome. I was thinking if there is any way to run this on XBMC without going thru Advanced Launcher, because AL restricts simple remote control settings and does not work properly on Raspbmc/Openelec on Raspberry Pi.
This is Raspbmc/Openelec distributions that restrict remote controls and does not allows external application running correctly (focus/fullscreen problem) due to the lack of a real desktop/windows manager under these distributions. AL just do what you ask it to do : start applications on distributions (Raspbmc/Openelec) not dedicated for it. Confused
Same request,,,, Today I discovered Youtube TV and it´s really cool. Is there an add on for this? or there is a way to launch this site in chrome but in fullscreen with simple exit?
You could do this using Advanced Launcher or Chrome Launcher.