Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Crash due to autoexec.py
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Came across another thread that tipped me off that these constant crashes I was having were due to what was in my autoexec.py. Renamed that and xbmc stopped crashing on startup. Here's what was in there:

Code:
import time;time.sleep(5);xbmc.executebuiltin("XBMC.RunScript(special://home/addons/script.trakt/default.py,-startup)")
import xbmc
xbmc.executescript("/home/ermesa/.xbmc/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/dbUpLauncher.py")

I'm inclined to think it's trackt's fault, but what would I look for in the stack trace or the log to clue me in?
Shouldn't you import xbmc before executing xbmc.builtin?

Also your code is not well laid out, try putting each statement on a new line. If nothing else it makes it easier to read and debug.
thats not proper python syntax, this autoexec.py is broken.
OK. It was created by one or both of the plugins, but I realized - duh - that I could just mess about with ti since it's python and I know how to code in python. I was just unsure if it was important. I assume if it's needed, the plugins will regenerate it when they update (hopefully with better syntax). Does this forum mark stuff as "solved" when it's solved?
(2013-05-07, 19:44)djotaku Wrote: [ -> ]Does this forum mark stuff as "solved" when it's solved?

You can do it yourself by doing an EDIT > Full Edit on your first post and selecting "Solved issue" in the thread title prefix dropdown menu.