Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Galaxy Nexus - Anyone found a build that works with hardware acceleration?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

So far I've:
  1. Converted my sources.xml to use nfs URLs
  2. Set advancedsettings.xml to point to MySQL database server
  3. Set advancedsettings.xml on server/desktop box to use direct filesystem rather than NFS access by way of path substitution
  4. Adjusted my keyboard.xml to work with bluetooth keyboards
  5. Set both desktop/server machine and android device to use the same version of XBMC (12.2)
Now my Android device, a Samsung Galaxy Nexus running Google supplied stock Android 4.2.2 happily plays back video and audio without problem just by itself.

When, however, I connect it to my TV via MHL HDMI adapter, the video and audio start to lag (audio is choppy regardless of whether I use SPDIF out from TV or analog out from phone).

I see libstagefright builds mentioned a few times. Would this be the path to take (even though the video works fine on the device's own screen)? If so, what would be the recommended way of matching or getting a close enough build for the desktop/server which runs Ubuntu Quantal 12.10?

Edit: I've tried the latest libstagefright build linked from the post above and noticed it doesn't show any improvement in video or audio performance. Happy to supply logcat if someone can tell me a handy way to get it (HDMI TV's in one room, the computer with USB debugging loaded is in the other)..

Edit: Turns out it is an acceleration issue and not just MHL HDMI as it jitters/stutters a bit on just handset without HDMI too.