Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cannot Clean MySQL of "Ghost" Entries -- Mixed Windows, Linux, Android Env'mt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have junk in my database and no amount of "cleaning" the Library will strip it out. I'm hoping for a solution short of deleting the existing database tables in MySQL and starting over. Here is a description of my environment.

* All media stored on \\Louise (a FreeNAS server). This replaced \\Buffy (a Buffalo Linkstation NAS).
* MySQL runs on a Windows XP Pro box. XBMC 12.1 is also installed there.
* I have two Windows 7 computers running XBMC 12.1.
* I have three Android tablets with XBMC 12.1 installed on them (but rarely used).
* I have an Intel NUC ("Next Unit of Computing") running XBMCbuntu 12.1.
* I have a NUC running XBMC 12.1 for Linux on a Ubuntu 12.04 LTS workstation.

My database if full of entries for media that begin smb://buffy/ but not one XBMC in my home has any \\Buffy sources still existing. Despite doing Clean Library routines at every station, the database remains full of ghost smb://buffy entries.

Is there a solution that is better than simply going into MySQL, deleting the current tables and letting the mothership rebuild it?
SOLVED: I launched MySQL Workbench; selected the movies table; did a search for records having "buffy" in field c22 (which stores the complete path), then deleted those entries. It works fine now.