Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Keep loosing TV Shows & Movies?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive had XBMC up and running a couple of months and really like it, ive seperated my tv shows, New Movies, Movie Collection, DVD Collection playlists which are all on a NAS system.

Every now and then when i go to a playlist for tv shows or movies etc, the list is empty. if i search the files within video they are they and will play. but i then have to re add a new video file location (tv shows again) which re imports and all ok again for a while, then again one day it looses all the details. bit of a pita with all the movies, as ive now a huge list in video file section tv shows, tv shows (1), tvshows (2) etc.

any ideas why this keeps happening?
Did you set XBMC to clean the library when it updates?
yes i did, which originally worked. now it comes up with error cleaning database. so i go into system, video and clean library in there and that works.

when it did work though it only removed the items id deleted not still on the nas.
I'd check that the NAS share/export is mounting properly - you may find that XBMC is starting, finding that those files aren't visible, and cleaning them out of the library. It may be a timing problem.

How are you pointing to your NAS? Are you using SMB or NFS from within XBMC, or mounting them at boot time through fstab?

You also don't say what client OS you're using, which may have a bearing. On my Openelec system, I mount the NFS drives before XBMC starts, but have a short ping loop beforehand to ensure my NAS is visible (i.e. the client IP stack is up and running) before mounting the remote directories. It's never been a problem on my 'buntu boxes, although I still mount in the OS and not in XBMC.
ive the nas mapped as a drive on the pc running T:\ i always launch xmbc manually after the system has booted up so the drive is visible and im on Win7 Ultimate 64 bit.

it is like i launches doesnt see them, and wipes out the playlist. but still if i go into the file structure i can play the files so xbmc must be seeing them.

its not to bad re adding and importing the tv show data, but getting right on my nips having to go through all the movies and dvd collections again.
This is why clean-on-update is off by default. It's simply too easy to loose DB entries when using network sources.
It is possible that the network share becomes available to XBMC just a few seconds after the update scan runs.

In that case you do not want to be running clean on update.
ok ill diable that and see if it does it anymore. thanks
I find that Windows will not connect mapped network drives at boot until you try to navigate to them in Explorer/file mode.

If you set them up as SMB shares instead, this should be better.