Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: SUBPACK-dirs makes XBMC unhappy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I Realized that xbmc isnt that fond of SUBPACK-dirs and some dirs even make xbmc hang itself...

Quote:16:26:11 T:2144 WARNING: XFILE::CRarDirectory::GetDirectory: rar lib returned no files in archive rar://smb%3a%2f%2fExample%2fExample.S03.SUBPACK.Blabla-Blublu%2fexample.s03.subpack.rar/example.s03e22.rar, likely corrupt
16:26:11 T:2144 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting rar://smb%3a%2f%2fExample%2fExample.S03.SUBPACK.Blabla-Blublu%2fexample.s03.subpack.rar/example.s03e22.rar

So I have tried to get those dirs ignored, but no luck.
This is from my advancedsettings.xml:
Quote:<advancedsettings>

<video>
<excludefromscan>
<regexp>[-._ \\/]SUBPACK[-._ \\/]</regexp>
</excludefromscan>

<excludetvshowsfromscan>
</excludetvshowsfromscan>

<excludefromlisting>
</excludefromlisting>

</video>

</advancedsettings>

Also tried with "<regexp>(?i)subpack</regexp>"

The xml is getting loaded atleast:
Quote:16:23:15 T:23656 NOTICE: Loaded settings file from special://profile/advancedsettings.xml
16:23:15 T:23656 NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
<advancedsettings>
<nodvdrom>true</nodvdrom>
<video>
<excludefromscan>
</excludefromscan>

<excludetvshowsfromscan>
</excludetvshowsfromscan>

<excludefromlisting>
</excludefromlisting>

</video>
</advancedsettings>

But why wont it ignore them?
Or maybe a different solution for them to be ignored?
>RARs inside of RARs

why, god, why?!
(2013-05-04, 16:56)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]>RARs inside of RARs

why, god, why?!

Hey I heard you like rars.
So we put a rar inside an rar...

Anyways, Thats why I want to ignore em subpacks
The reason is most often that the sub file is packed as a rar since it's get a lot smaller, after that the idx and rar file is packed in a new rar file...

So one easy solution is to unpack the rar file, and have the idx and rar file unpacked and useable. (or can XBMC use those subpacks?)
(2013-05-06, 21:54)kaffekask Wrote: [ -> ]The reason is most often that the sub file is packed as a rar since it's get a lot smaller, after that the idx and rar file is packed in a new rar file...

So one easy solution is to unpack the rar file, and have the idx and rar file unpacked and useable. (or can XBMC use those subpacks?)
If I unpack the SUBPACK's they will get scanned as usual and it wont hang. The reason on why it hangs is: When you have multiple rars:
bla-blablas09subs.rar
bla-blablas09subs.r00
bla-blablas09subs.r01
within these we have:
bla-Blas01e01.rar
bla-Blas01e02.rar
bla-Blas01e03.rar
bla-Blas01e04.rar

and then maybe "bla-Blas01e03.rar" resumes in "bla-blablas09subs.r01" leaving XBMC thinking its corrupt when it tries to unpack the "second-line" rar.
Anyways, the scenario here is for the scanner to IGNORE the subpack-folders. Why wont it understand my regex in advancedsettings.xml? Is it a bug? Am I doing the regex wrong?