Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Unable to 'Scan for new content'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just did a clean install of buntu Frodo. Added all my sources for movies and Tv shows. Have the movies set to -Universal Movie Scraper and the Tv shows set to -The TVDB. Movies added just fine, and the Tv shows started. Now it looks like it is stuck or timing out. It added about 100 shows and has 200 more to go. When I 'Scan for new content' the window opens at the top right of the screen and says 'Scanning Tv shows using The TVDB, Scanning for new content. The blue bar makes it about half way and that is it, no errors, no new shows being added.

I can go into VIDEOS, FILES, TV SHOWS and see all the shows I have. From there I can hit the info button and it will automatically scrap the show and add it, but I have to do it for each show.

I thought maybe The TVDB was down, but I don't think it is, other wise I wouldn't be able to hit the info button and scrap it that way.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Here is the latest log file. Was actually made while scanning.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=16160
Is there a way to look at the log file and see where the scanning is starting and is hanging up at? I believe it is scanning one of my drives and encountering a problem, and just doesn't move past it.

I added a few files (episodes) to several different shows last night, and ran the update before going to bed. The library update was still running when I woke up this morning, and only a few of the files were added. (8 + hours)

Thank you.
Its probably hanging on one or more files, but I don't see you scanning anything in the log above.
Enable Debugging, restart Xbmc, update library, wait till it seems to hang(not adding new shows), then upload another log.
I did as you asked. Enabled Debugging (text upper left of the screen) restarted, then ran the Update Library. I let it run until it started to hang, and then stopped scanning. I went into programs XBMC Log Uploader and clicked yes to upload the log, Nothing happened. A minute or so later it ased if I wanted to upload the crash.log. I clicked yes, and then a few seconds later the Uploaded ID showed up.

I only get 1 email fom the crash.log, I am not getting a the xmbc.log at all, no conformation and no email. Here is the crash log. Did I do something wrong to not get the xmbc.log?

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=16459

Thanks for all your help.
So I was able to log into the buntu machine and find the log file, but when I go to http://xbmclogs.com/? and do a New Paste, I get the following error -

Your paste contains a phrase that has been censored

I have the log file, just not sure how to upload it so everyone can see it.
ok, before we do anything else: Upgrade to the latest version.

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
(2013-05-06, 06:31)jayndenver73 Wrote: [ -> ]So I was able to log into the buntu machine and find the log file, but when I go to http://xbmclogs.com/? and do a New Paste, I get the following error -

Your paste contains a phrase that has been censored

I have the log file, just not sure how to upload it so everyone can see it.
Code:
sudo apt-get install pastebinit
pastebinit ~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log
I'm not sure how to get into the terminal to enter the code - sudo apt-get install pastebinit
pastebinit ~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log.

I have only used the XBMC part of this. Is there a guide?

Thank you.
You just said you were logged in...

Anyway, three ways:

1. ssh into the xbmc machine http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=SSH or

2. start a terminal session via the menu (same ppace as the start menu in windows, botttom left) (might be called terminal or xterm or

3. ctrl-alt-f1 to get a text console. login in, use the commands. ctrl-altf7 to get back to the gui.
I ssh onto the xbmc by following the steps listed above.

Here is the error I am getting.

derickjsmith@derickjsmith-122-CK-NF68:~$ sudo apt-get install pastebinit pastebinit ~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package pastebinit
E: Unable to locate package pastebinit
E: Unable to locate package /home/derickjsmith/.xbmc/temp
E: Couldn't find any package by regex '/home/derickjsmith/.xbmc/temp'
derickjsmith@derickjsmith-122-CK-NF68:~$

On the XBMC machine I'm able to go into the SYSTEM, TEMP folder, and see both xbmc.log and xbmc.old.log files.

I was able to read the log to see where I started to upload the log via XBMC Log Uploader.

08:52:11 T:2673167168 NOTICE: XBMC Log Uploader: reading log...
08:52:11 T:2673167168 NOTICE: XBMC Log Uploader: starting upload "/home/derickjsmith/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log"...
08:52:12 T:2969684800 DEBUG: NEWADDON PythonCallbackHandler construction with PyThreadState 0xb1a05490
08:52:23 T:2673167168 DEBUG: Previous line repeats 21 times.
08:52:23 T:2673167168 NOTICE: XBMC Log Uploader: upload done.
08:52:23 T:2673167168 NOTICE: XBMC Log Uploader: upload failed with response: '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>\n<result>\n <error>err_spamguard_censor</error>\n</result>'
Read my post, there are two command lines, not 1.
This can be closed. I had to reinstall. It had to be a bad install, all the programs had stopped working. I wasn't able to scan for new content, backup my data base, download artwork. Nothing.

I reinstalled it today, the Windows version, and have had 0 issues.

Thanks for all the help.