Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: change keymap for Right Click
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so I'm using a set top android mini-pc. I want to change what the "right click" does though. I edited Mouse.xml to the following:
Code:
<keymap>
    <global>
        <mouse>
            <leftclick>leftclick</leftclick>
            <middleclick>middleclick</middleclick>
            <rightclick>rightclick</rightclick>
            <doubleclick>doubleclick</doubleclick>
            <wheeldown>wheeldown</wheeldown>
            <wheelup>wheelup</wheelup>
            <mousedrag>mousedrag</mousedrag>
            <mousemove>mousemove</mousemove>
        </mouse>
    </global>

<SlideShow>
        <mouse>
            <leftclick>Pause</leftclick>
            <rightclick>OSD</rightclick>
            <wheelup>PreviousPicture</wheelup>
            <wheeldown>NextPicture</wheeldown>
        </mouse>
    </SlideShow>
</keymap>

and when I try this out on my PC XBMC version, it works fine. But in Android, the right click keeps behaving as the global "back" button... is there any way to change this? thanks in advance for any advice or pointers in the right direction!
I don't believe it is possible at the moment. I don't believe Android has a true right-click, so it's probably something that has just been hard coded for the time being, and will eventually be sorted out.
Ah! So it seems this would be an Android issue, not an XBMC one, then? Then if it's not too far off topic, are there any Android wiz's who would know how to redefine what is signal is sent to Android when a mouse is right clicked?
Whenever you need the right mouse click, use "c". It works fine on my android.
yeah, that works for getting the context menu, but I was hoping to make the right click do something ELSE, neither back, nor context menu