Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: SMB Shares Issue on Android
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody,

I am new to XBMC, and I was told that it is able to scan movie files such as .avi .mkv inside .rar or .zip files. The issue is, that I am able to add see all the files that I already extracted from winrar through UPnP. But I am unable to see the video files that are uncompressed. I tried using Windows Network (SMB) but nothing shows up, but when I installed XBMC on my desktop and used SMB I can see all my shares from there and I am on the same network.

Is this an Android only issue?

Thank you all in advance for the help.

I am running 12.2 on a Nexus 7.
i too am experiencing issues running frodo 12.2 on a samsung galaxy tab 2 7" tablet. Can anyone help please? When i go to add videos and add my smb shares from my ubuntu server it says, Error 2: share not available. I made sure I changed the smb client workgroup name to match my network workgroup name. I also have a jailbroken iphone 4S running XBMC which smb worked just fine for, I also have Mythbuntu 12.04 running Frodo 12.2 in linux and also XBMC Frodo 12.2 running on my original apple tv. So I know there's no problem with my smb shares.
I have the same problem. And I don´t think xbmc support playback from rar-files. Can anyone confirm if this is the case??

Regards
It should playback from rar-files, but it's very possible that on Android RAR playback is an issues that haven't been hammered out. I'll poke around to see if this is a known issue (I think it is, but I can't recall for sure at the moment).
(2013-05-07, 08:08)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]It should playback from rar-files, but it's very possible that on Android RAR playback is an issues that haven't been hammered out. I'll poke around to see if this is a known issue (I think it is, but I can't recall for sure at the moment).

¨Great then i wait for your answer.