Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
(2015-03-04, 15:05)the block Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-04, 04:30)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-04, 02:13)the block Wrote: [ -> ]I've used this for a while now but I would like to roll back the changes I made with it and instead work on customizing the keyboard.xml file?

Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool has worked great for me, but now that I have a Chromebox in another room I need to be able to have both machines using the same mapped buttons. I don't want to have to maintain windows registry entries in Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool for my Windows PC, and then have to maintain an equivalent keyboard.xml file for my Chromebox. I want to be able to make changes, and then drag and drop them onto the other machine and have them be the same.

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

The tool will not change the ir codes, it just modifies the registry settings of the pc to which it is connected. The remote will work in default key settings when you connect it to a new pc. You can rollback to your old settings from the tool.

I guess I would just roll back with "Load Original MCE" and apply that to the registry? That will bring me back to Vanilla? Thank you

Try 'Restore from Backup'. It will restore the settings to the old one. Restart the pc after this.
there is something missing in this wondeful tool it's the live view button
i used it to switch between subtitles but i can't see it anywhere in the drop down menu
i see tv guide back but no live view
can you help me pleaaase?

thanks
(2015-03-19, 12:54)mutantkid Wrote: [ -> ]there is something missing in this wondeful tool it's the live view button
i used it to switch between subtitles but i can't see it anywhere in the drop down menu
i see tv guide back but no live view
can you help me pleaaase?

thanks

I have added all of the remote control buttons that I could find. I cant add new buttons unless I know the corresponding button code. Which remote are you using? Can you post an image? Does the mapper tool show any unknown buttons?
here is the remote i have
it's the Télécommande RC126

like you can see there is a button named live tv
i used to push it to switch between subtitles and with a previous version of your programm i could do it
now there ain't no live tv anywhere on your tool so ..

i guess i'll have to chose another button for my subtitles
Button code '25' is for live tv in the tool. Change its keycode to 't' to change subtitles.
okay but when i try to do that then i see that there are 2 commands for t
the command for search subtitles and for showsubtitles
when i tried to erase the command search subtitles then when restarting kodi will rewrite the searchsubtitles command for t

so in the end i'm stuck with search subtitles
i finally found the solution just did s ctrl alt and s on the remap programm and it's oooooook
ctrl alt and s means next subtitles not show subtitles

but the same problem remains : some commands appears twice
(2015-03-19, 20:42)mutantkid Wrote: [ -> ]okay but when i try to do that then i see that there are 2 commands for t
the command for search subtitles and for showsubtitles
when i tried to erase the command search subtitles then when restarting kodi will rewrite the searchsubtitles command for t

so in the end i'm stuck with search subtitles
i finally found the solution just did s ctrl alt and s on the remap programm and it's oooooook
ctrl alt and s means next subtitles not show subtitles

but the same problem remains : some commands appears twice

You can edit kodi keyboard.xml file to have the correct behavior.

<t>ShowSubtitles</t>
guyz there is another question that i can't solve
i wanna know what's the name of this

do you call it the dash ? home ?

i know it sounds stupid but i want to when i press the windows button to have this

and instead of that i get nothing since i didn"t assign anything to this button in the mce remote mapper

and when i go to my keyboard xml then i don"t know where to go
soooo

thanks
(2015-03-21, 21:56)mutantkid Wrote: [ -> ]guyz there is another question that i can't solve
i wanna know what's the name of this

do you call it the dash ? home ?

i know it sounds stupid but i want to when i press the windows button to have this

and instead of that i get nothing since i didn"t assign anything to this button in the mce remote mapper

and when i go to my keyboard xml then i don"t know where to go
soooo

thanks

You can try <enter mod="win,alt">XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)</enter> if the windows button sends Win+Alt+Enter. Change the keys depending on your windows button key.
thanks for that
in fact in the xml file i saw the script with F5 and ctrl + alt (i don"t remember exactly) but then i assigned it to the windows button
and it works just fine

thanks for the help though
Am i missing something or is Restart not available as an option ?

I'd like to program Power button for the family if/when things go wrong so they can start over ( when XBMC/MCE/Plex) freeze.
(2015-03-31, 01:32)wally007 Wrote: [ -> ]Am i missing something or is Restart not available as an option ?

I'd like to program Power button for the family if/when things go wrong so they can start over ( when XBMC/MCE/Plex) freeze.

Restart is not available directly from remote. Only sleep/shutdown is supported. But you can easily create a script using autohotkey and assign the power button to restart the pc.
hello
I have one for all 7960 remote that I bought for my NUC 2820.
the probleam is I am using openELEC , how can I mapp the remote there ?
(2015-04-09, 07:56)tzahi34 Wrote: [ -> ]hello
I have one for all 7960 remote that I bought for my NUC 2820.
the probleam is I am using openELEC , how can I mapp the remote there ?

Sorry, this application is for windows platform only.
(2015-02-24, 15:04)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-23, 21:42)eikum Wrote: [ -> ]This app is the best!

Only thing I can't find is the menu button in MCE Remote Mapper Tool!

Thanks.

I could not find a menu button entry in the mce code description. Can you post an image of your remote and the menu button?

+1

I can't assign any command to menu button. Could you please help us.

Here is the picture of remote.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14