Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Player.Open to play episode id from db?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
whats the command to play a TV show episode from the database?
I have the episode id, how do i get XBMC to play it?

Player.Open....something?

Anyone have any clues?
PlayMedia(media[,isdir][,1],[playoffset=xx])
(2013-05-07, 15:30)mace08 Wrote: [ -> ]whats the command to play a TV show episode from the database?
I have the episode id, how do i get XBMC to play it?

Player.Open....something?

Anyone have any clues?
So if i have idEpisode '20' from the MyVideos75.db, how do i play it from there?
where are you planning to play it from?
If you want to assign a key to it, then put the following command in the keymap.xml
<a>PlayMedia(C:\Videos\MyVideos75.db)</a>
(2013-05-07, 18:16)mace08 Wrote: [ -> ]So if i have idEpisode '20' from the MyVideos75.db, how do i play it from there?
What i'm trying to do is this:

Have open a view in XBMC library of a tv show, season, episode list.
eg: Eureka - Season 2 - showing episodes 1 - 13.

From there i'd like to have a script that i can enter a episode number, eg: ' 7 ', from any location on my network and it will play Eureka - Season 2 - 7 Family Reunion.

Not using a keybind, but a JSONRPC command of some kind. Oh, without having to highlight the episode first.

Is this possible?
I think this is what you are looking for
(2013-05-14, 14:40)mace08 Wrote: [ -> ]What i'm trying to do is this:

Have open a view in XBMC library of a tv show, season, episode list.
eg: Eureka - Season 2 - showing episodes 1 - 13.

From there i'd like to have a script that i can enter a episode number, eg: ' 7 ', from any location on my network and it will play Eureka - Season 2 - 7 Family Reunion.

Not using a keybind, but a JSONRPC command of some kind. Oh, without having to highlight the episode first.

Is this possible?
Worked it out at last....
For anyone else looking, this is how you play and episode from the database

Code:
{ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Player.Open", "params": { "item": { "episodeid": 200 }, "options":{ "resume": false } }, "id": 1 }

You can change the 200 to any number that's in the database