Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Myth 0.25 - Openelec 3.0.2 -Impressed!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Up until last night I have not had a lot of luck with the PVR aspects of XBMC and therefore switch between XBMC and mythfrontend for my varying media needs. My backend is myth 0.25. TV source is DVB-T 1080i h.264/aac/ac3 via two HD Homeruns. Frontend in question is a Revo R3700 (ION2) with HDMI to a LG TV and spdif audio to a 5.1 amplifier (no HDMI in on the amp). All LAN wired 100Mbit.

I last tried PVR on XBCMbuntu 12 updated to XBMC 13 (git) via the XVBA branch via the wsnipex ppa. PVR was awful - slow to start, slow to get a list of recordings, and awful glitchy playback.

On the same hardware I installed openelec ion 64 bit version 3.02 last night. Not only is openelec very polished, but the mythtv pvr worked as advertised. I watched a couple of shows and while watching completely forgot that I was using XBMC instead of mythfrontend.

There may be better deinterlacing on mythtv I think. mythfrontend is also much sexier with much nicer theming and artwork than XBMC's PVR addon. But at last PVR is working well enough that it isn't just thoroughly unpleasantly slow and glitchy. Well done openelec!!