Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xoom loading trouble
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
XBMC will not open on my Xoom tab. Any suggestions? Thanks.[/size]
Same here. I have toshiba xoom tablet, android 4.1.2, installed xbmc for android but when i tried to open the xbmc app gets a message "this xbmc package is not compatible with your device"
Help.
Because XBMC is not compatible with the Xoom, like the error message says. Xoom uses a non-neon ARM processor, and XBMC needs a neon processor.
Ok...Thanks.
(2013-05-22, 14:57)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Because XBMC is not compatible with the Xoom, like the error message says. Xoom uses a non-neon ARM processor, and XBMC needs a neon processor.
It work on my xoom 4.2.2 . xmbc 12.0 RC2... I have a non neon copy
Yes, if you use an unofficial build that is compiled for non-neon processors, that will work. However, since it's not officially supported, as things are further developed, it's going to be harder for those who make non-neon builds to keep XBMC working. I also hear the experience isn't very good on a non-neon build (very sluggish and lots of crashes).
I have xbmc running on my xoom, it does crash regularly on searching for a stream, that said once you have a stream up and running it's fine, more importantly I can connect the micro HDMI port and watch sports on the big tv screen.