Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Ah, sorry, my query was wrong. Please use:
Code:
seriesQuery  = SELECT title,season,episode,datetime(lastPlayed, 'unixepoch') AS lastplayed FROM tvshows JOIN episode_watched USING(idShow) WHERE playCount>0 ORDER BY title,season,episode
Thank you very much!

Since the 2017.09.11 there are not listed any series / movies anymore. Is there a way to change that?

What does the green background mean:
(2017-09-17, 11:16)Boyzie Wrote: [ -> ]Since the 2017.09.11 there are not listed any series / movies anymore. Is there a way to change that?

Then the Kodi AddOn WatchedList has not stored any new entries. Maybe there is a conflict if my program runs a the same time and WatchedList tries to update its database. Have to check this.

Green is the new feature to mark a complete series as watched. Just copy the original file https://github.com/alexgit2k/watched/raw...watched.db over your file.
(2017-09-09, 11:40)carsten888 Wrote: [ -> ][...]
I would like to use .sql but in the config there is no export setting for that.
Do I first need to convert it .db to .sql?
Or how to open it in phpMyAdmin?
(2017-09-10, 08:00)carsten888 Wrote: [ -> ]@alexxxx
ok I installed the extra database program and it reads the .db file.

@watchlist @schapplm
Maybe someone should edit the wiki, as phpMyAdmin can not be used as suggested here:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:WatchedList#MySQL_Database

To clarify again:
  • .db is the file extension for SQLite databases, .sql is the default extension for mySQL-data, that is exported via phpmyadmin.
  • whether the addon uses SQLite or mySQL depends on the addon settings described in the wiki
  • if you want to use mySQL, you have to follow the instructions in the wiki, i.e. create the according database and make sure a server is running (only for advanced users)
  • You can convert your database from SQLite to mySQL like described in the wiki, but mySQL should not be needed any more if you sync watchedlist between different devices via Dropbox

(2017-09-06, 07:59)carsten888 Wrote: [ -> ]I get this message:
"0 movies and 0 episodes read from Kodi-DB"
there must be a fair number in there.

What am I overlooking?
(2017-09-10, 08:00)carsten888 Wrote: [ -> ]@all
My .db does not have any data. Structure is there, but no rows. When I run the script manually it says it can not read the kodi-DB.

if your watchedlist.db only contains the structure, there was no data written into it by the addon, probably due to the error reading the Kodi-DB (which is a different error probably unrelated to the mySQL/SQlite thing and which we will have to look into). The empty structure is automatically created when starting the WatchedList addon with SQLite setting activated.
All watched movies and episodes in your db should be imported. Check if the JSON queries from #88 return something.
Hi.

I have Follow user selected but after watching a TV episode I am unable to mark it as unwatched and the addon gives a notification of an error.

Otherwise the addon is working well. I use it with installations of Kodi on two separate PCs. I use mysql server on a remote pc for the database.
Can you enable debug logging and provide the log messages in kodi.log?
(2017-09-20, 12:29)schapplm Wrote: [ -> ]Can you enable debug logging and provide the log messages in kodi.log?

These are the error messages that I have extracted from kodi.log:

22:12:25.903 T:9612 NOTICE: service.watchedlist: write_wl_wdata: MySQL Database error (1292 (22007): Incorrect datetime value: '1970-01-01 11:00:00' for column 'lastPlayed' at row 160) while updating episode Professor T. S01E07
22:12:25.903 T:9612 NOTICE: service.watchedlist: Notification. Watchedlist: Error: Writing the WL-database file (1292 (22007): Incorrect datetime value: '1970-01-01 11:00:00' for column 'lastPlayed' at row 160)

I can provide a more comprehensive log file if needed.

EDIT: I was able to resolve the issue, at least with a workaround, by disabling strict mode in MySQL. Apparently strict mode is now implemented by default in MySQL Server 5.7. Disabling strict mode involved removing STRICT_TRANS_TABLES from the line
sql-mode="STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION" in my.ini
@schapplm

first I would like to thank you for your really nice addon. I am using it now for some months on 4 different devices using more then 10 installations with at least 3 different common database-versions on a NAS  - the addon works very reliable and smart. 

I walked through the thread and I found no question or request about the watched-timecode. Is there a chance to implement the watched time-code as well?

Sometimes you have to interrrupt watching and it is one of the kodi-mainfeatures when you are using a central DB that you can go on watching without searching on an other device. 
As long as you are using the same Db-version it works. 

If it would be implementable in your addon, this feature could be enhanced for different DB-versions !

What do you think ?

Thanks for reading and considering my proposal  :-)

SaEt9000
(2017-10-07, 13:19)SaEt9000 Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes you have to interrrupt watching and it is one of the kodi-mainfeatures when you are using a central DB that you can go on watching without searching on an other device. 

Thanks for your feedback. The Feature would make sense for the addon. Unfortunately this would involve rather big changes (database upgrade mechanism for instance since the WL database would get a new column).

As written in response to #99, I created a Github ticket for my to-do-list.
(2017-09-20, 14:22)raymondjpg Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: I was able to resolve the issue, at least with a workaround, by disabling strict mode in MySQL. Apparently strict mode is now implemented by default in MySQL Server 5.7. Disabling strict mode involved removing STRICT_TRANS_TABLES from the line
sql-mode="STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION" in my.ini

I added this as an issue on github and will try to reproduce and fix this. I am not sure why the timestamp is invalid, though. It comes from the Kodi database MyVideos/files/lastPlayed which has text as data format in mySQL (and not timestamp, for some reason). The value '1970-01-01 11:00:00' looks valid. A workaround for now could be to set the lastPlayed entry to NULL.
(2017-10-08, 20:13)schapplm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-10-07, 13:19)SaEt9000 Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes you have to interrrupt watching and it is one of the kodi-mainfeatures when you are using a central DB that you can go on watching without searching on an other device. 

Thanks for your feedback. The Feature would make sense for the addon. Unfortunately this would involve rather big changes (database upgrade mechanism for instance since the WL database would get a new column).

As written in response to #99, I created a Github ticket for my to-do-list.

Thank you :-)

SaEt9000
database is empty. I can run the script and it says it can not read the kodi database. Please help.

If it would be implementable in your addon, this feature could be enhanced for different DB-versions !
If you set up a central save folder you can do that now with last played.
I just found this add-on and have to say I find it a valuable addition (saves me a lot of trouble between clean installs... Which I seem in need of after a few Kodi bumps...).

Is there a way I can fix/work around some shows reporting not to have IMDb numbers which causes their watch status not being saved in the database?
(2017-11-01, 19:58).:B:. Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way I can fix/work around some shows reporting not to have IMDb numbers which causes their watch status not being saved in the database?

I was sometimes successful by manually rescraping the video folder in Kodi (Video->Files).
Also you can try deleting exported .nfo/.xml files in the media folders (if existing).
If that does not help you need to remove the files from your library and re-add them (perhaps by just renaming the folder).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35