Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Same time Every day.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Everyone.

This is probably a very simple problem which I have overlooked something basic.

Every night at 10pm exactly (which is midday GMT) any videos (invariably a Blu-ray or DVD rip) I am playing over a gigabit network streaming via CIFS from a Synology DS2411+ just stop and XBMC drops back to menu. When I restart the video it does not give me the choice of resuming at the time it crashes.

Happens on both an AppleTV running Crystalbuntu (100Mbit wired) and a Windows machine running Frodo (GBit).

Any ideas?

I have tried turning off every other computer on the network.

Cheers
some kind of automated updater, ie windows update installs, nas checks for firmware updates, nas restarts, etc. Being the same time it is something that is scheduled for 2200
From the fact that it happens on on both the AppleTV and Windows machine it seems pretty clear that one of the devices in your network is disconnecting or rebooting.

This could be your router, a switch or the NAS itself.

I would check all of these devices for scheduled reboots or updates.
Additionally, check the logs of the devices to see how long their uptime is, this should enable you to figure out which device it is.
There's only one possibility: GHOSTS.
Maybe your router is dropping all DHCP addresses and renewing the IP leases?
Thanks everyone.

I converted every device to a fixed IP address and it seems to have gone away for now...
At that notion I am marking this as solved, feel free to unmark if the problem reappears Smile