Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Speed up 24->25fps and send audio through SPDIF is now possible with AE?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My TV doesn't handle 24fps correctly so my only way to get away from judder is to speed up the video (and audio) of 24p content to 25fps (I know the disadvantages of the 25fps playback but prefer it to judder).

So I force the video to playback at 50Hz and I set "A/V sync method: Video Clock (resample audio)" but this only works using analog audio output.

My question: is now possible with Frodo to set up Audio Engine to resample&reencode the audio to AC3 after the speed up and send it via SPDIF to my receiver? Huh

Thanks in advance.
I've found a funny trick with my problem:

I configure audio this way:

Audio Output: HDMI (->this way I get 5.1 channels when decoding to PCM even if I'm not using a HDMI output)
Speaker conf: 5.1
Audio output device: SPDIF
Passthrough output device: SPDIF

If I set AC3 and DTS capable receiver both ON, the option "A/V sync method: Video Clock (resample audio)" doesn't work because XBMC send AC3 or DTS streams via Passthrough and the video plays at 24fps (encoded audio can't be speed up without decoding) so I get judder.

BUT if I set DTS capable receiver to OFF and I play a video with DTS audio then XBMC is forced to decode it to PCM an encode to AC3, and this way the audio is correctly resampled and the video plays at 25fps and I get perfect smooth playback at 50Hz!
The same works If I set AC3 capable receiver to OFF and I play a movie with AC3 audio.

So XBMC can do the work but it doesn't!

Is there any way to force XBMC to alwais decode the audio?