Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Gamepad is recognized differently based on user session
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello XBMC community,

I'm using XBMC for some time and allways loved, that my Rumblepad 2 gets detected and works right away. But now I've got a problem which drives me crazy.

When I start xbmc with xinit xbmc-standalone as user xbmc my gamepad gets detected with 6 axis 0 hat and the sensitivity is so high, that I can't navigate xbmc.

XBMC Log:

02:20:13 T:139961823291264 NOTICE: Enabled Joystick: Logitech Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2
02:20:13 T:139961823291264 NOTICE: Details: Total Axis: 6 Total Hats: 0 Total Buttons: 12

I have allready tested a lot and could reproduce this problem, but I'm not sure why this happens. I am logged in with root by ssh and I start xbmc with an init script which calls start-stop-deamon startx as given user, my .xinitrc lauches ck-lauch-session xbmc

When I login with xbmc locally or with su xbmc and then start xbmc from the root shell everything works, the gamepad gets detected as Total Axis 4 Total Hats: 1 and it works like a charm.

02:20:13 T:139961823291264 NOTICE: Enabled Joystick: Logitech Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2
02:20:13 T:139961823291264 NOTICE: Details: Total Axis: 4 Total Hats: 1 Total Buttons: 12

It does not work if I collect to the machine with ssh user xbmc ( but it works with ssh root -> su xbmc )

It really only seems to matter if there is an existing session from the user xbmc or not.

I also noticed, that if the gamepad is detected incorrectly the suspend and hibernate options in the exit menu are missing, but I fixed that by added access with policykit-1, did not help with xbmc though

I'm using Ubuntu 13.04x64 but i'm sure it also happens in previous version. I am also aware, that it is more of a system problem than xbmc, but someone might recognize the disease from this symptoms and can help me.

Thank you for ready in advance.

Ilithya