Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: RetroPlayer branch of Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
I keep my eyes locked on https://github.com/garbear/xbmc/commits/...r-15alpha2 for updates.

Eagerly awaiting RPi release.
(2015-04-03, 15:04)da-anda Wrote: [ -> ]you can subscribe to this thread Smile

I don't want to be notified of every idiots post Smile
(2015-04-03, 22:28)Appletalk Wrote: [ -> ]I keep my eyes locked on https://github.com/garbear/xbmc/commits/...r-15alpha2 for updates.

Eagerly awaiting RPi release.

Thanks good idea. Guess I will watch that and the original post here.
(2015-04-04, 04:35)evolart Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-03, 15:04)da-anda Wrote: [ -> ]you can subscribe to this thread Smile

I don't want to be notified of every idiots post Smile

Like this one? Behave yourself and don't call others idiots!
(2015-03-16, 12:57)garbear Wrote: [ -> ]shader/overlay support would be way cool. I have absolutely no idea how to add shaders or overlays to RetroPlayer Smile anything is possible, it just takes time, and right now I'm focused on getting out Isengard test builds.

when I'm ready, I'll fire up RetroArch and start sinking some serious thought into this. In the meantime, you're welcome to post any shader-related ideas you have.

I could help with overlays, shouldn't be too hard, the problem might be to fit the game video into the stencil.
Hi i recently started helping out a little on RCB. Do you think the two projects can help each other? Is there anything i can help you out with?
Hi aquiles2k,

I worked with malte in the past to beef up some api calls for RCB support. specifically, I remember allowing RCB to force a platform or game client ID when launching ROMs via RetroPlayer. ATM my branch is carrying 4 api additions, see https://github.com/garbear/xbmc/compare/......b272875 .

There is something we need for RCB to better talk with RetroPlayer: a standardized way to refer to platforms. For example, I standardized controllers using controller add-ons. All NES emulators can import game.controller.nes, so they don't have to supply controller layout/images separately. But if an add-on wishes, bundling its own controller is dead simple because an add-on can just add a second extension point.

Platform add-ons are a possibility. I don't like this idea, mostly because it duplicates info that can be scraped from http://thegamesdb.net/platforms. It also creates a LOT of add-ons. Maybe a single resource add-on that defines all platforms? If we go down this route, I'll probably convert all controller add-ons to a single controller resource add-on too.

Anyways, for the platform schema we need:
  • Platform identifier
  • Platform name (translatable)
  • Possible mapping to other platform IDs like MobyGames and TheGamesDB
  • Info to support my Input work: Number of ports and valid controllers for each port.
  • File extensions
  • Relationships (e.g. Game Boy Color supports Game Boy roms)

Here's a list of resources I've created so far:
Thanks for the comprehensiv answer.

Im yet more a coder than a designer so i dont think im experienced enough to answer on programm structure. But! To me, from a practical point, a single resource addon (one for all plattforms, one for controller) sounds better. The downside maybe that its not that modular and easy to extent.

Anyway, so you want me to help with the platform schema? Coding-wise or just information wise?

Your list of resources seems pretty good already, I could fill your PlatformInfo struct etc..

One question though, shouldnt the platform ID mapping be part of the scraper? Or do you want to hardcode it in the core?
(2015-04-17, 11:37)aquiles2k Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the comprehensiv answer.

Im yet more a coder than a designer so i dont think im experienced enough to answer on programm structure. But! To me, from a practical point, a single resource addon (one for all plattforms, one for controller) sounds better. The downside maybe that its not that modular and easy to extent.

Anyway, so you want me to help with the platform schema? Coding-wise or just information wise?

Your list of resources seems pretty good already, I could fill your PlatformInfo struct etc..

One question though, shouldnt the platform ID mapping be part of the scraper? Or do you want to hardcode it in the core?
@aquiles2k, also checkout the directly and indirectly related projects http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=164857 and http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=134012
(2015-04-17, 11:37)aquiles2k Wrote: [ -> ]One question though, shouldnt the platform ID mapping be part of the scraper? Or do you want to hardcode it in the core?

One thing's for sure, this mapping shouldn't be in core. A scraper would be fine, as long as it can be updated externally to Kodi.
sorry, it's kind of an open-ended task, I tend to not put much thought into these kinda things until they're right in front of me, then I dive in.

I can work alongside you and integrate the schema and stuff as we build it. Internet will be scarce for me over the next two months due to much traveling, so you have a lot of time to work on this Wink when I pick up RetroPlayer again mid-june this is one of the first things I'll focus on
(2015-04-18, 08:28)garbear Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-17, 11:37)aquiles2k Wrote: [ -> ]One question though, shouldnt the platform ID mapping be part of the scraper? Or do you want to hardcode it in the core?

One thing's for sure, this mapping shouldn't be in core. A scraper would be fine, as long as it can be updated externally to Kodi.

I thought of it like with the movies and series scrapers; is that what you mean with external? I read a lot of mentions regarding heimdall, but i have yet to see it in action. Dont know how hard it would be utilising it.
It might be worth looking at Lakka since it also builds on Libretro and Kodi.
I saw that this morning... I'm thinking of throwing that on a USB and checking it out. Might be fun to use a USB hub with a SD or a USB3 drive install plus controllers. Plug, restart, play if the live version is good...
(2015-05-12, 03:51)Lorax Wrote: [ -> ]It might be worth looking at Lakka since it also builds on Libretro and Kodi.

Today is the first day I've literally ever heard of this. Crazy what slips by.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14