Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC constantly crashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there. Having a problem with my latest PC build, and can't seam to beat it.

Issue: XBMC has stopped working. This will happen often, usually when trying to view movie index, always if trying to edit movie information, sometimes just refreshing media list.

Build: PC is hooked up directly to TV, quad core with 8gb of RAM (so I doubt it's a memory issue). All media is housed on internal 3TB drive. OS and XBMC is on a separate SSD.

Attempts to fix: Tried two different versions of XBMC, 11.0 and 12.1. Tried installing XBMC on same HDD that media is on. Tried "stock" skin instead of Transparency! like I usually use. Tried setting XBMC up not to scan for new media upon startup, and also have tried waiting for XBMC to stop scanning before playing media (sometimes just letting it scan for new media upon startup it will crash).

I'm not sure what else I can try. I remember having a similar problem a few years ago with XBMC installed on an Acer Revo and streaming media through my network, but resolved it somehow. Frustratingly enough, I can't remember what I did to solve it. Any input that any of you could provide would be warmly welcomed. Thanks. Smile
Odds are it is an addon causing the problem (it almost always is). No one is going to be able to help you unless you post a debug log so they can see what is going on. The debug log should be able to pinpoint the likely cause of the crashes. Be sure to use pastebin or xbmclogs to post your debug log, do not post the entire log here.
Install 12.2?