Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movie Sets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to display movie sets in database view even if there's only one movie in it ?
If i display "sets" those single-movie sets display fine, but in playlists or movie database view these sets are automatically flattened.
This is very much by design and as far as I know there is no way to view them as sets there.
It's not really a movie... here's an example:

Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos [Special Edition] Bonus DVD has two "movies" on it

- Chaos In Progress - The Making Of Systematic Chaos (genre: "Music Documentation")
- Systematic Chaos 5.1 Mix (genre: "Music Surround")

Movie set is named "Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos [Special Edition]" and the movies as above.

I created smart playlists for each "Music..." genre and here i lose the info stored in movie set, in "sets" view everything is fine as the set has 2 movies.
Use the <tag> feature inside your NFO's?
i don't use the <tag> feature. how should that help ?
I don't get the issue.

If this set is correctly identified as 2 movies, it should show up as 1 item in the library, with a submenu that shows both movies.

Is this not what you want?
Please be a bit more descriptive, because your first and second post seem to contradict.
well, it's a bit hard to explain, i'll try to start from scratch:

i have lots of music DVDs and BDs with concerts, live clips, documentations and surround mixes on it. i didn't rip the whole disks as iso's but every feature of the discs seperate using the <genre> tag to create smart playlists i use in main menu to display only concerts, documentations and so on. i use the <set> tag containing the DVD/BD title to see the whole content of the set in sets or movie view. now two things can happen:

- a DVD/BD set has only one feature => set with a single movie, not displayed as a set
- a DVD/BD set has multiple features but e.g. only one documentation => not displayed as a set in documetation playlist, but in sets or movie view

i hope this describes my problem a bit better....
no one ?
i opened a ticket, cause i think it's a bug - i hope the explanation there is a bit more understandable. unfortunately the text formatting got a bit corrupted...
here' the link to the ticket: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14365
Sorry, but I've closed the bug ticket. Movie sets are made for a specific purpose: Movie sets. They are not for grouping several videos to make them appear as one movie. While the GUI can show movie sets as one entry on a list, the library will still treat each movie as a separate movie/video.

An actual movie that is a part of a set, but no other movies for that set are in the library, will not be shown as a set until those other movies are added to the library. This is also intentionally done because that's what makes sense when using movie sets for... movie sets. There's no reason to "group" a single movie.
that still leaves the sort order error

if i had a movie set with containing a boxed set of 4 movies of an actor/director and only one of them is an action movie. this would leave this movie alone in genres/action having that movie out of display order.
I found my error .... if i set <sorttitle> correctly all items are in perfect order ...