Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: GoogleTV to support NDK after next update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33199_7-575...ate-in-q3/

I would assume any device that gets this update will also have NDK support. This is great because the hardware in all of these boxes (even 1st gen if they get the update) is great and supports HD audio and 3D.
It would be rather cool to have XBMC running directly on your TV. After all, the rest of the LG firmware is pretty well all open source, take a look at the licences section in your manual!
So does the NDK mean XBMC support? So all we will have is the same hardware hurdles as android devices, like drivers for hw acceleration support.
If XBMC could be fully functional on the new Google TV update...that would be a game changer.
So no response from a developer. Or does the JB 4.2.2 update with NDK have to be out first. I'm surprised Google doesn't officially support XBMC. It would put Apple Tv in the dust. No more saving SHSH blobs and jailbreaking, what a pain.
no comment Smile
Shocked

I would just like to repeat that every GoogleTV box (even my left behind Sony blu ray) are monsters. I play a full blu ray rip over dlna or plex and the box doesn't even bat an eyelash. It doesn't output lossless audio for those players, but that is Google not hooking up the media player framework fully. I just wish Google would have considered replacing cable boxes instead of adding one more plug for a companion box. Either supporting cable cards over the network or in the box like Tivo.