Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Developer Area
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
(2013-07-20, 23:12)Dragen Wrote: [ -> ]Multiepisode filenames are handled very buggy in Ember.

Can you be more precise? provide examples.

Note that multipart episodes are NOT supported (from XBMC) as far as I know
(2013-08-11, 22:46)m.savazzi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-20, 23:12)Dragen Wrote: [ -> ]Multiepisode filenames are handled very buggy in Ember.

Can you be more precise? provide examples.

Note that multipart episodes are NOT supported (from XBMC) as far as I know

See XMBC TV Multi-Episode Filenames.

This is where one file contains more than one TV episode.

Bill
I find many Ember-mm repos in github, which one would be considered the primary?

Also, I would like to start testing with Wine (as all my machines are linux), has anyone tried this before or am i going into uncharted waters here?
I've been reading here and I have a question. There is so much logic built into ember (I worked on it a bit before) that its really tough to make expandable. My thought was to build in an extended plugin system. I'm thinking if some of this logic can start being moved out of vb and into python scripts, kinda like Sublime Text works, ember can slowly migrate to an extensible system that people can modify to their own will by editing scripts. Basically moving it to a point over time where the only thing left in vb is the ui. Then people could take the ember core and put their own front ends on it in say python, or java, or anything else. This would allow it to run on systems other than windows as well.

Has anyone thought of this?
(2013-09-15, 03:57)scphantm Wrote: [ -> ]I find many Ember-mm repos in github, which one would be considered the primary?

Also, I would like to start testing with Wine (as all my machines are linux), has anyone tried this before or am i going into uncharted waters here?

Basically 2 active repos on github:

This is current official release build (basically only bugfixes, not new feature should be commited there):
https://github.com/DanCooper/Ember-MM-New

The above will be replaced/outdated in future with 1.4 version of Ember:
https://github.com/DanCooper/Ember-MM-Newscraper

The Newscraper repo is the one we should integrate new features, will have the new database structure - it's the repo we should focus.

@Dan
Question: I have recently commited some fixes for 1.13 repo which should also be included in 1.4 repo - Should I commit those changes myself to 1.4 or are you doing this by yourself?

@All
Database structure for 1.4 looks good to me, I don't know what we should wait for any longer - any problems? Huh
@Cototus:
I can do that for 1.4

@All:
Tomorrow i have time to look at the actually 1.4 state and database
@Cocotus, regarding your fixes for 1.13 repo, Dan has fixed a lot in the Offline Media Manager, which he is calling Ember_1.3.0.15_Alpha.
I try to fix the native scraper in 1.3.x so that the new TMDB API works again.
This will be great. Looking forward to a new stable release 1.4!!!
Hey just did a fresh checkout of the current 1.4 build of git but as I read on latest commit it doesn't compile - got 38 errors all caused by no longer avalaible Master.Settings.TVDB Settings. those entries are replaced by AdvancedSettings... calls - so does that mean we should'nt use Master.Settings anymore for new settings but Advanced Settings instead? I read that in some places here before I think...
Same problem here.
m.savazzi can you please push your latest changes to GitHub?
btw, good new from TMDB:

Later I will add the key to the code.
Ha thats good news Dan Laugh

By the way I just wrote a mail to trakt.tv team about API Key Handling in Ember Project myself:

Quote:Hi,
I'm one of active developers of Ember Media Manager for XBMC/YAMJ (
http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=195) and working on a
trakt.tvmodule inside Ember Manager to query User List, Watched Movies, Episodes and also do some POSTS reuqest to update personal lists. Right now I integrated my own Acccount API Key in the application and wanted to ask the trakt team if thats ok or should every user use their own API key in the application? I read about a developer API key which could be used in application - maybe this is the one our team needs?

Quote:I created a dev key since that makes more sense for projects like this.
The key is: ce4d4ac977084c873da8738f949d380....
Sounds like a cool integration, keep us posted how it goes!

-justin

This means we can use a global Api key in trakt.tv scraper which is great news! Smile
(2013-09-26, 20:48)Cocotus Wrote: [ -> ]This means we can use a global Api key in trakt.tv scraper which is great news! Smile

Hehe, love that Big Grin

Another thing I did today:
Posters from TMDB are now sorted by: preferred language, english, all others by country code, and finally the images without language specification. Then the images of other websites.

What do you think?

Awesome!!! I think thats only possible because of the new TMDB API Smile I like the screenshots, very nice! Now if we can use the preferred language in automatic movie scraping this would be awesome?!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24