Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to add shortcut to main folder?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My library is structured like so :

D:\
- Library
- Audio
- Books
- Music
- etc
- Documents
- Comic Books
- etc
- Pictures
- Video
- Documentaries
- Movies
- TV

Now, I have all media added to my XBMC library nicely. What I want to do is create a shortcut to my "Library" folder on the main menu. The issue is, I can't seem to point a shortcut to that folder since it itself isn't a source.

well, looks like the indenting I did hasn't really worked out there, but you get the idea I hope.
Maybe I am confused about what you are asking but I can add a favorite that are sub folders and not sources.
Is your source d: and Library is a sub folder? if so you can bring up the context menu when Library is highlighted and select add to favorites.
Library is the main folder. Sorry the indents don't show up in my post. I am able to add Video folder, or music folder, or pictures folder to favorites, but the Library folder itself is not a source. See what I mean?

OK. I figured it out. I had to add D:\ itself to file manager. Seems you can only select one folder in for favorites.