Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Choppy video, but not all the time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've had this problem a bit before but as of late it's getting ridiculous. When XBMC starts, videos play fine. However after watching one or two shows, when I go to watch another one audio plays fine but the video is super choppy. When I enable debug mode, it shows that videos are playing at ~12-14fps for whatever reason. If I restart XBMC, then all is good. I've gone through all posts about setting-up a proper xorg.conf and the video playback settings and all works well, until after a while. There's no real rhyme or reason that I can tell. It just happens after a while and it seems to be happening more and more frequently. Does anyone have any idea how I can go about trying to troubleshot this?

Ubuntu 12.04
Asrock Ion
XBMC 12.2
Nvidia 304.88

Debug: http://paste.ubuntu.com/5677322/

There are loads of "CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity1 ...." errors but I have no idea why it happens. I've tried searching the forums but nothing has netted any results....
Video reference clock detects wrong refresh rate. If the call to nvidia-settings fails (due to some bug we recently figured out the cause) it falls back to xrandr which fails with drivers > 300.
This version does not have this issue: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116996

EDIT: if you like to stay on your version, you have to turn off "sync playback to display"
Thanks for the advice. At the moment I'm just sticking with my current version but I've disabled "sync to display" which has solved the problem, but obviously creates another one of the occasional jitter. Is it safe to assume that the next release won't suffer from that bug?

Thanks for the help. I was loosing my mind there for a bit...
if you mean 12.3 with next release, then no, this will not be fixed in mainline.
Just so I'm clear then, if I want to have this fixed then I should move about to the XVBA release?
Yes (concerning the next 6 months).
Cool. Thanks again for the help guys.