Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "VidOn.Me" XBMC build with Allwinner A10 HW-acceleration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I recently found this, more than interesting, thread:
blatant rip off of xbmc in breech of GPLv2

I downloaded their "xbmc".apk and installed it on my Sanei N90 Allwinner A10.
And voila, I was able to play all the "test" movies from here (http://www.auby.no/files/video_tests/) up to 1080p.
So it's definetely HW-accelerated on the Allwinner A10!
Code:
12:14:46 T:11372328   DEBUG: CDVDFactoryCodec: compiled in hardware support: CrystalHD:no OpenMax:no VDPAU:no VAAPI:no A10:yes
12:14:46 T:11372328   DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Video: A10 - Opening
12:14:46 T:11372328   DEBUG: --------------------- CDVDVideoCodecA10: Open, 28------------------------
12:14:46 T:11372328   DEBUG: A10: cedar open.
12:14:46 T:11372328   DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Video: A10 - Opened
12:14:46 T:11372328   DEBUG: CDVDFactoryCodec, create a10 codec. info application
12:14:46 T:9979496   DEBUG: Activating window ID: 12005
12:14:46 T:9979496   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (MyVideoNav.xml) ------
12:14:46 T:9979496   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (VideoFullScreen.xml) ------
12:14:46 T:9979496    INFO: Loading skin file: VideoFullScreen.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
12:14:46 T:11372328  NOTICE: Creating video thread
BUT: I wasn't able to play the movie via HDMI (only "marbles" on the TV-screen)

Unfortunately, the above mentioned thread is closed.
Quote:Closing this thread for now, as I've got a conversation started.

Is there any progress in the "conversation"?
I surely understand the problems, the XBMC developers have with this "fork".

But it would be a pity, if their ("VidOn.Me") useful changes to XBMC, would be just ignored.
Thanks
where did you see xbmc.apk? could you please point me to link ? thank you
Any luck with findind apk download.like to give it a try
Certainly not ignored, as VidOn.me is now a sponsor of XBMC. I still wouldn't invest in Allwinner hardware just yet, and I have no idea if VidOn.me is planning to stay with Allwinner hardware or not. All I really know is that we are certainly on positive terms with them, and that they want to invest in the future of XBMC.
^^^^ This sounds quite good.
Quote:I still wouldn't invest in Allwinner hardware just yet
Well, that's what I think meanwhile too.
But I have the hardware already (A10/A31), like many others do.
And fact is, their "XBMC" version works very well with the A10.
For me, far better than the official XBMC without HW acceleration. (Apart from the non functional HDMI, which might be a driver issue?)
Code:
libbdv.so
Is the interesting lib.
So, is the source available?
Or any plans, to implement their "A10 player"?
I'm not sure if they've changed version of their XBMC build. I've tried their build at the time original topic was active, and I think they just used external player, instead of implementing HW acceleration in XBMC's player.
I don't know if this is the official one and if it does fit to the binarys. At least it is a repository from the user vidonme, with a10-xbmc sources in it.
https://github.com/vidonme/xbmc

rellla
(2013-05-20, 09:35)davorf Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure if they've changed version of their XBMC build. I've tried their build at the time original topic was active, and I think they just used external player, instead of implementing HW acceleration in XBMC's player.

I don't think so, because the player settings are almost identical to the original ones.
Even the log messages point to a A10 implementation.
Interesting thing is, you can only the replace the "libxbmc.so" from the original build and add the libbdv.so from their build and the whole thing works.....
I decompiled both apps, (the Original and the videonme) and switched the files between them.
Unfortunately, my skills are limited....
Maybe somebody with deeper insight can enlighten us.
(2013-05-20, 12:42)vel2000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-20, 09:35)davorf Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure if they've changed version of their XBMC build. I've tried their build at the time original topic was active, and I think they just used external player, instead of implementing HW acceleration in XBMC's player.

I don't think so, because the player settings are almost identical to the original ones.
Even the log messages point to a A10 implementation.
Interesting thing is, you can only the replace the "libxbmc.so" from the original build and add the libbdv.so from their build and the whole thing works.....
I decompiled both apps, (the Original and the videonme) and switched the files between them.
Unfortunately, my skills are limited....
Maybe somebody with deeper insight can enlighten us.

Well, it was, as I said, a while ago, while the original topic was active. Maybe they've changed it in the meantime. Original VidOn.Me XMBC build had player that didn't look, nor had all the controls XBMC has. On the other hand, maybe I was using wrong build of their XBMC.
Anyone tried https://github.com/vidonme/xbmc

mentionned by rellla ?

if so, how it performed ?
seems to be the source code from the XBMC/vidonme app, I mentioned in the first post.
Performance is great, comparable with Mxplayers HW acceleration.
Unfortunately, with my limited skills, I am not able to fix the HDMI output.

If the cable is plugged in before I start the movie, I get only a black screen, but audio works.
When I plug in the HDMI cable, while the movie is already running, I get this output on my TV

Image Image
(2013-06-08, 04:58)vel2000 Wrote: [ -> ]seems to be the source code from the XBMC/vidonme app, I mentioned in the first post.
Performance is great, comparable with Mxplayers HW acceleration.
Unfortunately, with my limited skills, I am not able to fix the HDMI output.

If the cable is plugged in before I start the movie, I get only a black screen, but audio works.
When I plug in the HDMI cable, while the movie is already running, I get this output on my TV

Image Image

My problem is that this repository is that it is hard to make it compatible with empat0's or rellla's (because of their obscure libbdv.so). To fix HDMI, look at "LinuxVideoRenderA10.cpp". So I think the good way is to try to improve rellla's repository.
I have managed and have good result:
* plays in fullscreen on my mele a1000 connected to a 46" display via hdmi with 1080p@60hz.
* no bleuish or so and mentionned above
* added external player support to play somme "AVI" and "MOV" videos from my digital recoder witch has "junky" codec (all are ok with MXplayerFree for "MOV" files and TvdVideo form junky "AVI".
Don't know where to put my apk for everybody. The next weekend, I will clean my code, so, I'll be able to post a diff file (relative to rellla's code).
can you post your libxbmc.so?
As I said, I don't know where I can post files. Can you give me a link where to post please ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6