Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Performance awful of Music with shared DB on Synology NAS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Due to the multiple Xbmc’s at home I decided to move to a shared DB. In general this is working well except for the performance while browsing my music.

When I browse my library by Artist, after I select the artist (depending on the number of albums) I have to wait between 30 to 50 seconds before albums are displayed. I agree that I have quite a big library (11713 artists with 3516 albums) but this feels very slow. Do other shared db users have same issues?

I already checked forums and found some tweak settings. I applied the skip-name-resolve and modified the read_buffer_size = 256K in my.cnf for the Mysql server. Is there anything else I can do?

Code:
/etc/my.cnf

# The MySQL server
[mysqld]
port            = 3306
socket          = /tmp/mysql.sock
skip-locking
skip-name-resolve

key_buffer_size = 16K
max_allowed_packet = 1M
table_open_cache = 4
sort_buffer_size = 64K
read_buffer_size = 256K
read_rnd_buffer_size = 256K
net_buffer_length = 2K

If I would have to guess, it looks like there is no indexed link between artist and album in the db?

PS: when browsing in file mode, everything seems immediate
PS2: at first sight no problems are logged in the debug.log
I gave up using MySQL on a Synology NAS for music and just set up a local database for each KODI machine in my house. I would like to have a centralized database for music but navigating the library was just way too slow.
What database engine are you using? I find that using InnoDB instead of MyIsam greatly improved the speed when browsing the music library.