Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Infinitv 4 problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Summary:
My HTPC uses WMC for television programming and XBMC for everything else.
When my HTPC wakes up from sleep I get the error message in WMC “no tuner available.” This prevents me from being able to schedule recordings without just leaving it on all day. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Detailed information:
I have TWC and am currently using the Ceton Infinitv 4 with a cable card. Currently coax goes to splitter. From splitter one coax goes to tuning adapter and one coax goes into the Infinitv 4 PCIe. USB from tuning adapter into computer.
Initially the computer wouldn’t even shut down properly after installing the Ceton card. For some reason moving the USB cable that runs from the tuning adapter to a different input on the MOBO (USB 2.0 instead of USB 3.0) solved that problem.
Now the only issue is waking from sleep and WMC not finding the tuner until I restart the computer. I have already implemented the changes in the following two links with no success.
http://www.cetoncorp.com/support/index.p...ebootsleep
http://www.cetoncorp.com/support/index.p...-hibernate
I have a ticket open with Ceton but I have been going back and forth with them for over a week (it takes them around 24 hours to respond to each comment I make). So far, the XBMC forum has been a wealth of information, but I haven’t been able to find the answer to my problem as of yet.
Hardware: AMD A4-3400 2.7Ghz, ASRock A75M-ITX, Corsair 4GB DDR3 1333 Memory, Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB for storage, 64 GB SSD for operating system, Ceton Infinitv 4 PCIe card.
Any suggestions?
I don't know if you've solved your problem yet but I also use WMC for TV from TWC with pretty much the same hardware setup as you do (AMD A6 3500, asrock A75M mATX, 2TB WD Green HD etc...) and had the same issues with the tuning adapter both waking from sleep and from plugging into the USB 3.0 port which was also solved by plugging into USB 2.0. To fix my issue with the tuning adapter not being found after waking from sleep I had a two part solution.

1. I set up a .bat file which stops and starts the tuning adapter service containing the following commands
Code:
net stop CetonTRIFSvc
net start CetonTRIFSvc

2. Create a scheduled task (as an administrator, or else the stop and start commands won't work properly) to execute the aforementioned .bat file with a trigger as an event with the following criteria (event log created by waking from sleep)
Log: System
Source: Power-Troubleshooter
Event ID: 1

This will restart the tuning adapter service every time the computer wakes from sleep which *should* correct the tuning adapter being disabled or unable to be found after waking.