Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: My first HTPC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hallo all,

I wanna buy a new HTPC but I really don't know which hardware is good and works out of the box on XBMC for HD 1080p movies.

My budget is around €300,-

I thought about the Asrock ION 3D 152D. But they told me that it's a little bit old for €300,-

So do you guys know which hardware I should buy with 300,- for my HTPC?

I need a remote aswell!
Hi Mate,

Saw you haven't had any responses yet. I would suggest you look at the stickies on this forum and read the guides as you will see alot of info there. Of the top of my head you can get a Revo, Lenovo, NUC for that price.

If you want to build your own there are tons of guides that can help. I would recommend reading some stuff and coming back with questions.

Best of luck.
I'd recommend looking into the Acer Revo RL70-UR10P. Great little machine. I've setup a few for friends and they love it.
Unless you want something really compact you can build a pretty nice machine with $300 (guess that the exchange rate is pretty close).

I just built a mini-itx celeron G1610 based system for around $200 (use USB drive for Openelec).

Otherwise I would just suggest what everyone else is saying... either a Lenovo or NUC.