Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Disconnects when playing music
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got a strange problem with my setup. I'm using OpenElec 3.03 and a fusion2 box. The remote app works really well except when I am playing music, when it just keeps disconnecting every few seconds. It works fine when I am playing movies, tv shows or just using the menu screen.

Any suggestion on how to debug this - I can't see any other reports of the behaviour so I'm a bit lost on how to solve it.

Thx

I've done some more testing using the standard web interface from both my iPad and my laptop. Both work fine and can control the music with no problem. When I start using the xbmc remote on the iPad I get the disconnects again - which I can see on the laptop using the web interface.
Disable the WiFi multimedia Extention on your Access point. That should fix it (Did at my place).

I had check it some time ago http://stargate.solsys.org/mod.php?mod=b...expand=yes, however did not make a link when it started happening with the PI Devices. Until my wife, the kids all used their iPods to actually control the PI's - and it got stuck all the time.
Analysis showed, that whenever a Apple Device started to send data over the WiFi, and the WMM was active, the WiFi speed of the AC point was reduced to 1Mbps for all systems connected to it - with no differentiation on whether it is a Apple device or not. The WiFi really had HickUps all the time, but at 1Mbps.

Disabling the WMM on my Access-Point solved it.
Thx for the info - I'll try it and past back the results.