Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reboot... library file not found???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok been using Xbmc for couple years and love it. Am currently using xbmcubuntu on zotac zbox ID36 with and external wd 3tb drive.Its always worked great till a couple days ago.. I updated to 12.2 frodo and updated to ubuntu 13.04. Also added Netflix desktop through wine and firefox. Now every time I reboot the machine and go to my tv or movie library to play something it says file not found would you like to remove from library... I of course say no... clean the library and rescan... after what seems like hours and the scan is done it all works great... till i reboot... then it starts all over again... PLEASE help....

After closer study.. not a reboot issue.. a eject disk issue..

see below
debug log required
OK was unable to get log file on way out door this morning but I did notice that everything works fine until I play and eject a disk from the optical drive. Then library file can not be found.
K.. after sitting here(at work) thinking about this... it would seem when I use the on screen eject disk function it says successfully unmounted (name of disk).. Its also unmounting my external hard drive causing the file not found in library.... but whyHuh
Please upload a debug log (wiki) with you doing that.
Ok,,, thanks for the help guys.. went home did an update and computer would boot to black screen and hang... ended up doing a reinstall. So far library is doing great.. now IM having tvheadend issues...lol. backend keeps scanning and will not let me map the channels...
turns out its not fixed... Try to play a movie today through library and file can not be found. It all started with an update to xbmcubuntu 12.2. BUT I also have been using pvr and playing Blu-rays with VLC's libaacs.. Is that the problemHuh
Any help would be great... I've re scanned library.. time and time again.. formatted and re installed twice.. tried on Ubuntu 12.10 and 13.04. Also..a side note.. when it can not find file.. it still can be played through video and file route.. or from remote computer on network..

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=21644
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=21645

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=21641
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=21642

I love xbmcubuntu.. I think its cleaner and faster then the windows counterpart.. but Im about at my witts end..

System
zotac zbox ID36
2 gig memory
250 gig internal hard drive..for operating system
bluray player
intel atom duel core
nvidia ion
external 3 tb western digital harddrive for media usb 3.0
Creative Soundblaster XFI usb sound for analog surround sound
Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-950Q tv tuner running both front end and back end on local machine through tvheadend

Cant think of anything else..please help..
Oh yeah.... here is something else.. every time I have to re scan my library I have to also reset the content..??
SO when you reboot and go to play a file, where is this file actually situated? The built in hard drive? The external USB drive? A network path?

None of those log files are a [debug log].

I suspect there is some delay in accessing your source on boot, perhaps the network is slow to start, or an external drive is slow to mount.
I can play the file through video/file path.. but cannot play through library.. all media is on external usb 3.0 3 tb wd drive. I have never done debug log.. used xbmc log uploader...
If I go to video... file and reset my content and rescan.. I can then use library.. for a unknown period of time... sometimes a hour sometimes a day... not really sure when its losing library... thought it was during boot.. thought maybe it was after playing Blu-ray.. cant make it happen.. just happens when it decides to.. If I cant figure it out am going to have to go back to 12.1 xbmcubuntu or use windows version(hate to do it)
K.. may have something here.. went home at lunch and kids were watching movie on box.. everything working great..stopped movie went into live tv watched live tv for a few minutes.. stopped play to select different channel.. selected channel and box froze(been doing a lot since update to 12.2).. had to d a hard reset... when box came back up... library can not be found... what is tvheadend have to do with library other than usb..??

Using Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-950Q usb stick for tuner and hard drive is usb also.. both on own port.. also using creative sound blaster usb also on its own port...

Please help.. wouldn't think it was hardware cause it was fine on 12.1
(2013-05-24, 18:59)coliver80 Wrote: [ -> ]K.. may have something here.. went home at lunch and kids were watching movie on box.. everything working great..stopped movie went into live tv watched live tv for a few minutes.. stopped play to select different channel.. selected channel and box froze(been doing a lot since update to 12.2).. had to d a hard reset... when box came back up... library can not be found... what is tvheadend have to do with library other than usb..??

Using Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-950Q usb stick for tuner and hard drive is usb also.. both on own port.. also using creative sound blaster usb also on its own port...

Please help.. wouldn't think it was hardware cause it was fine on 12.1
so at that point turning on debugging and then posting a log would have been a good idea wouldn't it.
That's what I did last time and I was told that wasn't a debug log...
Followed this to the T

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file/Easy
Ok so in your log file at what point do you turn debugging on?
Pages: 1 2 3