Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Frodo help request - remove Movie and TV show place holder/menu item
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,

First time poster, that needs some help with Frodo. I am going to try explain this as best as I can, but the reason I am here, is due to the fact that I cannot figure out what key words I need to use to google this issue. I used to have the problem in Eden, but found a fix and got it removed. However with Frodo's menu's being so different, I dont know where to start.

So, for my issue.

I am using the Aeon Mq4 theme, and my movies are listed in the Showcase view. The first folder/movie/item that gets listed, is not a movie, its some form of menu icon/ place holder. Which I want to remove.
Same goes for my TV series which is in the banner view mode. The first item is also not a tv show, its some place holder with no image. These are the two things I need to disable/remove still and I have no clue how to do it.

Anyone got any ideas? Help would be much appreciated.
Hi there,

You may be able to edit the relevant views.xml files in the skin addon folder, but I wouldn't know if this would cause any knock-on effect on the skin's performance. I suggest you post the question in the Aeon forum, where they'll have better knowledge about such tweaks.

http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=68
Is this not the "back a level" icon - which is removable by going to:

Settings -> Appearance -> File Lists

And setting "Show Parent Folder Items" to "Off"
(2013-05-22, 12:21)ConfusedTA Wrote: [ -> ]Is this not the "back a level" icon - which is removable by going to:

I would agree - no editing of code necessary
(2013-05-22, 12:21)ConfusedTA Wrote: [ -> ]Is this not the "back a level" icon - which is removable by going to:

This might be it, I will test tonight and report back. Thanks a million.