Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Two Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First I'll describe my setup. I have my main desktop computer which has the following characteristics:

Running Xubuntu

Running Sickbeard, Couchpotato, and Sabnzb

I have a folder in my home directory called videos and then videos is broken up into movies and tv.

My first question is some shows go into their corresponding folder and are sorted correctly but some do not. Xbmc creates a folder in xbmc named for some random show and puts episodes in there. When I look at my file manager the shows are in their correct folder, but in xbmc a bunch of them are under some random show name all mixed together.

Another question I have is there are multiple laptops connected to the same internet over wifi. I would like to be able to have them stream the movies/shows from my computer. Both have enabled upnp but when I try and add the location on the laptop I do not see my other computer.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help.
yes, read these wiki pages:

question 1:
To properly scrape your naming must be following some standards:
Video_library/Naming_files (wiki)

question 2:
HOW-TO:Share_libraries_using_UPnP (wiki)
Thanks for the reply. I'll look into question 1, but question 2 I followed the wiki. Does it matter that one is linux and the other is windows? When I get off work I'll try again.
Under windows make sure you set up your firewalling correct. You can always disable it temporarily while testing.