Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] Xperience1080++
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-10-04, 19:57)smiffy1989 Wrote: [ -> ]Few issues in the Live TV:
The blue background (on the top box) is a bit bright and a bit unnecessary IMO as the selected item is already indicated.
The progress bar looks stretched/pixelated on the ends.
Channel icon is stretched (top right).
Blue background on the selected item is not the correct size (behind "Look North")

More Live TV issues:
Channel icons seem to be a bit big and spill over?
Selected item is white not blue (not consistent).
The scroll bar does not show when you press right (to skip pages with up/down).

Occasionally on the home screen the current category isn't highlighted.

Being able to re-order the home menu would be great, I would like to have it setup:
home > live tv > tv shows > movies > music > settings

The redesign should address most of these issues. I've fixed the problem with the channel icons being to big on the tv channels view.

As for being able to reorder the home menu, I agree it would be great but is not something that can be done easily so will have to decline that request.
Just grabbed the latest from git, I still have the old Live TV stuff (radio, channels, recordings etc) but it has the new EPG. Have the changes been committed?
They sure have, does anyone else not have the updated recordings, channels etc with the latest from Github?

A couple of bug fixes to remove the duplicate live tv genre settings and to show the start time of the program instead of the current time on the live tv osd - available on Github
Hi
First of all thanks for making this create skin/mod
Just to make sure to inform you that it may be possible in in of your latest github master reps is one new bug. The ratings are not shown anymore.
Neither at the bottom row in any of the movie views nor in the movie info screen. I use to run the German Fsk ratings but I was also not successful by changing language and displaying the US rated info. I think up to a few weeks ago everything was fine.

Maybe you will find time looking into it to verify if its just my setup or if there is really a new issue
Thanks, br
Mike
I can confirm the following:

1. EPG has new layout, also recordings, radio, chanells etc. which are now more consistant. So that should be fine.

2. FSK-ratings are not showing in Movie-List as well as Movie-Info-Screen. I did not realize that before so I cannot tell since when they are gone. Also I did not try US-ratings.

Brgds,

FantasticN
I downloaded the latest from github. However, I am still seeing the choose art bug that was described on page 17. When viewing the information on any movie, select Choose Art, and then Choose Art, and the art work types (poster, landscape, clearart, etc) appear under the current art and original menu.
friend
   You could put the OSD background as the central settings IOS7 ... I say half translucent

look

http://tecnoblog.net/wp-content/uploads/...s-ios7.png
(2013-10-20, 22:22)merphun Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
First of all thanks for making this create skin/mod
Just to make sure to inform you that it may be possible in in of your latest github master reps is one new bug. The ratings are not shown anymore.
Neither at the bottom row in any of the movie views nor in the movie info screen. I use to run the German Fsk ratings but I was also not successful by changing language and displaying the US rated info. I think up to a few weeks ago everything was fine.

Maybe you will find time looking into it to verify if its just my setup or if there is really a new issue
Thanks, br
Mike

(2013-10-21, 08:39)fantasticn Wrote: [ -> ]I can confirm the following:

1. EPG has new layout, also recordings, radio, chanells etc. which are now more consistant. So that should be fine.

2. FSK-ratings are not showing in Movie-List as well as Movie-Info-Screen. I did not realize that before so I cannot tell since when they are gone. Also I did not try US-ratings.

Brgds,

FantasticN

Thanks for the confirmation of the EPG layouts being correct in Github..I do test on two machines but can never be certain! With regards the FSK-ratings can you remind me how they looked? I had a look at the bottom part of the view for my movies (though motion country is set to UK) and can see things like PG, R rated etc..so I would need to reproduce it first, if you can tell me the steps I'll have a look. The strange thing is nothing has changed in that area..my only incline could be that I had to rebuild the texture pack for the EPG change so possibly the icons got missed out..

(2013-10-22, 00:46)bbqbob Wrote: [ -> ]I downloaded the latest from github. However, I am still seeing the choose art bug that was described on page 17. When viewing the information on any movie, select Choose Art, and then Choose Art, and the art work types (poster, landscape, clearart, etc) appear under the current art and original menu.

Similar to the EPG stuff, this works fine for me..could someone else please confirm this is a bug rather than an installation issue.

(2013-10-22, 04:11)iorifly Wrote: [ -> ]friend
   You could put the OSD background as the central settings IOS7 ... I say half translucent

look

http://tecnoblog.net/wp-content/uploads/...s-ios7.png

I love iOS7..that is where I got the "curved tiles" idea from...but I am reluctant to make any further changes in the background settings area as I have found in the past that you can never satisfy everyone..it does look nice though :-)
Quick update to fix a bug (missing icon pvr recordings view) and use the latest features of the TvTunes addon such as being able to remove the option to get the theme music on the info screen and choosing if you want to hear the theme on the movie or tv list - available on Github
Introducing full Plex Integration - available on Github

-- A lot of changes are included in this version, the main one being Plex Integration. By choosing the "goPleXBMC" option the xbmc library media is no longer used and instead it uses your plex media server. This brings huge benefits including proper support for a Photos library, Plex Channels, Shared on deck items between all your devices etc etc. I had to make some changes to the plexbmc add-on to get it to provide the data correctly for the spotlight etc so be sure to install the version linked in the first post.

-- new Channels view for plex integration
-- Pictures switches to Photos in plex mode showing photos from your plex server
-- Plex sections replace Xbmc library modes on Home screen sub menus
-- Other UI tweaks like full curved tiles support, including the favourites and settings
-- Blue navigation used by curved tiles now used on home menu
-- Shutdown dialog tidied up - does not use colour panels
-- Skin settings dialog and others enhanced separators
-- Player Controls adapts to plex mode
-- backgrounds per section on home screen now working correctly

watch gallery
I'm not using live tv, that's why I've been pretty quiet lately. Couldn't test the EPG as you asked.
And I've never used Plex so I don't really understand what all these latest changes imply.
But it's always nice to see updates so good work! Smile
(2013-11-03, 23:14)Madawg Wrote: [ -> ]And I've never used Plex so I don't really understand what all these latest changes imply.
But it's always nice to see updates so good work! Smile

The Plex way is opposite to xbmc in that your media information is stored in one place and automatically shared to all clients. Basically this means you can start watching a movie say on your ipad, then continue where you left off on another device. So in terms of what is useful here, if you install the plex media server on your pc and then use the plex integration here, you can easily keep your different versions of xbmc (living room, bedroom etc) in synch with your watched status etc..that's just one of the benefits Smile

If you have OpenElec installed there is a plex media server addon which is simple to install.
im85288,
I have noticed that the images recorded programs by pvr has not appeared ... is a black screen .... I say thumbnails of recordings in the recordings ...
(2013-11-04, 03:42)iorifly Wrote: [ -> ]im85288,
I have noticed that the images recorded programs by pvr has not appeared ... is a black screen .... I say thumbnails of recordings in the recordings ...

Thanks iorifly, I am aware of this issue but am not sure how to resolve it...from what I have researched it depends on the tv backend you use..I use TVHeadend but get no images back. If you can test in the confluence skin and it shows the icons there then can you let me know what backend you are using. I added a little fix in the table layout
(2013-11-03, 22:00)im85288 Wrote: [ -> ] Introducing full Plex Integration - available on Github

-- A lot of changes are included in this version, the main one being Plex Integration. By choosing the "goPleXBMC" option the xbmc library media is no longer used and instead it uses your plex media server. This brings huge benefits including proper support for a Photos library, Plex Channels, Shared on deck items between all your devices etc etc. I had to make some changes to the plexbmc add-on to get it to provide the data correctly for the spotlight etc so be sure to install the version linked in the first post.

-- new Channels view for plex integration
-- Pictures switches to Photos in plex mode showing photos from your plex server
-- Plex sections replace Xbmc library modes on Home screen sub menus
-- Other UI tweaks like full curved tiles support, including the favourites and settings
-- Blue navigation used by curved tiles now used on home menu
-- Shutdown dialog tidied up - does not use colour panels
-- Skin settings dialog and others enhanced separators
-- Player Controls adapts to plex mode
-- backgrounds per section on home screen now working correctly

I've been waiting to hear about Plex integration into Xperience for a while, and it's awesome to see that you've done it.

How well ip does it integrate into the skin (eg the carousels on the home, TV, and movies pages)?

Can I turn off the curved tile support?