Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.04
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I added that to the howto, that increases the n00b1sh factor at least twice.

If it's still too hard: www.openelec.tv - everything made simple - install once and fine.
tested this on intel 3120M. This build is excellent. Works like a charm. Deinterlacing is working for 1080p/720p content. Thumbs up
No deinterlacing for progressive content!
(2014-02-06, 12:19)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]No deinterlacing for progressive content!

Hey. How come I have a huge increase in CPU load with 720p and especially with 1080p content (viewed at 720p resolution) after enabling the SW filters and deinterlace methods. What's a good compromise that would only make watching 576i content somewhat better but keep the 720p/1080p unaffected?
thats the cost of enabling SW filters. Stuff is copied to ram, even if deinterlacing is not used.
OK, only means enabling SW filters and playing 1080p on the same Ivy Bridge 2x1.8Ghz Celly is not doable unfortunately without config changes. Is this parameter switchable with json at least, maybe I could hack something up so it only gets enabled when someone is browsing a particular folder (live tv recordings).
its totally doable, its just a bit higher load, still much less then when actually deinterlacing.
Kernel 3.13.2 released, im gonna do a quick try out and report

report: I was very sure my previous configuration with standard unstable build + 01.org intel drivers running on kernel 3.8.0.34 were working awesome.... after testing this version, Mr Wolfgang, i have to admit i was sooo friggin wrong...

I obtain best results with BOB deinterlace method, on 1080@60i content, after an upgrade from your repos only xbmc and xbmc-bin upgraded, all the rest was left as-is, no new mesa or other packages upgrded, its possible "de-interlace" method does not work well due to mesa bugs mentioned in this thread. i will do a clean install when i get some time and check it out..

thanks a lot for your build.

im running a b75n platform, with a 1610 ivy bridge and onchip intel hd video, it rocks
Juanjo
de-interlace is yadif, so _software_ deint. Has nothing to do with Mesa.
i will try a clean install then, i might be carrying some other problem from long ago, maybe 01.org drivers messed up something
Been having fun with HEVC playback over the weekend, works great for most of my rips. Unfortunately my parents laptop (Intel Haswell Celeron 1.4Ghz) running the same build of XBMC with single threaded HEVC decoding isn't quite upto scratch - only getting about 14 fps - which is to be expected. I'm sure multi-threading would help, if it did probably max out both cores or at least 95% of them.
nothing we can do, have patience and wait for ffmpeg to implement it.
Kernel updated.. too fast.. haha
I'm running this build from unity desktop (it's not for me!, my HTPC is setup per this guide). But automatic refresh rate change doesn't appear to work, it's stuck at 60Hz despite the option being enabled in the XBMC settings.. any idea how to fix? It's plugged into an external Samsung TV by HDMI (secondary monitor).
No comment.