Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.04
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You can try github.com/btbn here especially the vpp-deinterlacing branch. I tried that one week ago with libva 1.3.0 and especially madi / maci which "should" be like yadif (which it is not - with just 1 ref frame), still did not really work, but good luck.

For bob only it's definitely not worth it, cause even baytrail nucs can do the SSE copy + bob in software.
Hi,

thank you very muich for the guide, works great. Just one question regarding the xbmc startup script. Sometimes it happens that the start procedure is stopped (or does not begin). After switching on you see the logon screen. Then you switch off and start again and it works. This happens every 10-15 startup.

Soes somebody have the same problem and knows how to solve it

Regards,

Alex
Any logfiles available? Upstart, Syslog, etc dmesg?

Crystalball is out of order currently.
Hi,

I'm using xbmc-fernetmenta-master builds on Ubuntu. I have been experiencing XBMC crashes for the last two weeks or so. Previously it was rock solid. Has anything changed in the code recently? I've noticed that crash occurs if aspect ratio changes in the stream (for example, during commercial breaks then aspect ratio changes from 4:3 to 16:9 or vice versa).

I was using Ubuntu 13.10 (Saucy) when XBMC began crashing. So I thought I'll try the new 14.04 LTS (Trusty) final beta. But it keeps crashing even on Trusty. BTW, looks like team-xbmc unstable builds (latest 13.0 beta3) are not affected - I haven't experienced any crash with those. But I really like your builds, because picture quality is so much better Smile

My hardware - Intel NUC DC3217BY with i3 and HD4000.

Crash log - http://h.lr.lt/xbmc_crashlog-20140408_111002.log
Xsession errors - http://h.lr.lt/xsession-errors-20140408_110014.log

Any ideas/suggestions? Thank you in advance.
I think I have an idea but I am traveling and won't be able to fix before week end.
No problem, thanks for the response Smile
In the meantime, I have updated the howto to Trusty. It makes a lot easier, cause no external ppas (despite xbmc) will be needed anymore.

For the upgraders:
- sudo ppa-purge ppa:wsnipex/mesa
- sudo ppa-purge ppa:wsnipex/xbmc-fernetmenta-master
- sudo do-release-upgrade -d (remove the -d when you do this, when trusty is already release)
- after reboot (xbmc will be gone):
sudo apt-get install deborphan
sudo apt-get remove --purge `deborphan`
dpkg --list |grep "^rc" | cut -d " " -f 3 | xargs sudo dpkg --purge

- Change the /etc/init/xbmc.conf file (see the new line to resolve tearing)
- sudo apt-add-repository ppa:wsnipex/xbmc-fernetmenta-master
- sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install xbmc xbmc-bin && sudo apt-get upgrade && sudo apt-get install libva-intel-vaapi-driver
(2014-04-09, 08:07)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]In the meantime, I have updated the howto to Trusty. It makes a lot easier, cause no external ppas (despite xbmc) will be needed anymore.

Excellent. Does the mini iso support UEFI boot yet?
(2014-04-12, 11:25)tutu Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-09, 08:07)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]In the meantime, I have updated the howto to Trusty. It makes a lot easier, cause no external ppas (despite xbmc) will be needed anymore.

Excellent. Does the mini iso support UEFI boot yet?

Copy the EFI folder from server or desktop iso and it can boot in uefi mode.
I've done the update like this HowTo...

when I now trying to install a *.deb I get the following error

Code:
xbmc@mediacenter:~/VDR_source$ sudo dpkg –i vdr-plugin-vnsiserver_0.9.4-759~0e4f48a-ppa1~trusty_amd64.deb
dpkg: Fehler: eine Aktions-Option wird benötigt

Nutzen Sie dpkg --help für Hilfe zur Installation und Deinst. von Paketen [*];
Benutzen Sie »apt« oder »aptitude« für benutzerfreundliches Paketmanagement;
Nutzen Sie dpkg -Dhelp für eine Liste von Debug-Flags von dpkg;
Nutzen Sie dpkg --force-help für eine Liste von Optionen zum Erzwingen;
Nutzen Sie dpkg-deb --help für Hilfe zum Manipulieren von *.deb-Dateien;

Optionen mit [*] geben viel aus - schicken Sie es durch »less« oder »more«!
xbmc@mediacenter:~/VDR_source$

Edit: is solved... I don't know what happend but so it is working again...

Code:
sudo dpkg -i vdr-plugin-vnsiserver_0.9.4-759~0e4f48a-ppa1~trusty_amd64.deb
Hi all,

I just tried to install the trusty mini on my NUC System (clean install) and it was aborted during the partitioning process. I tried it about 10 times with different options (cause the saucy release worked without problems). After 3 hours of testing I found out that switching to German language at the beginning was the reason. Using English everything worked without problems.

Maybe good to mention that at the beginning.

Regards,

Alex
How I should configure XBMC to play wmv and mkv files without issues?

With this files When I do a big step forrward/backward the video freezes for several seconds, it's quite annoying. Anyone knows how to fix it or can suggest me a right video configuration? I've got better results playing with Vaapi but not 100% perfect.

I run my files over a wired lan (not wireless) but I have the same problem with my own recorded Tv Shows in the internal mSATA drive.

Thanks!!!
Users not posting a Debug Log and not reading the first post is quite annoying.
@fritch: Maybe you can add your "migration steps" to thew first page? I think a lot of people came from saucy images.
And regarding deborphan, do the `` execute the command before it is purged afterwards? It seems strange to purge it first and then use the output, but maybe it is highly efficient.
Nope, that's wanted. The last ocmmand only removes packages that have no installation source anymore.