Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Custom Menu Items
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I have my movies organised in two folders;

/mnt/movies/BluRay 3D
/mnt/movies/BluRay 2D

Currently I have /mnt/movies as my "Movies" source. I want to create an menu item that just pulls up 3D movies so far I've done the following;

System > Skin > Customisers > "Main menu item customiser (backgrounds,widgets)"

I've then created a "3D Movies" menu item and then;

Choose Type > Custom

ActivateWIndow(Videos,/mnt/movies/BluRay 3D,return)

as detailed in;
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Lis..._Functions

However as each movie is in a sub folder, I get a list folder icons on screen and within each one is my movie. The wiki article suggests I can map subfolder of a valid source but doesn't show me how, can anyone please tell me what I should replace the above bold with please? I've tried guessing a variety of options however the above is the only method that works.

Cheers.
If the movies are scanned into the library then they should show their poster, even if viewing them as files.
The New Movies scans both the 2D and 3D folders and is displaying a mixture of the two in the library format, however I can't get the 3D only function to work.

Function = ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,RecentlyAddedMovies,Return)

Function = ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,/mnt/movies/BluRay 3D,Return)

Why not use a smart playlist (wiki) for both so you can use the library function ?

1) scrape everything into library
2) add a new smart playlist (wiki) which only shows movies in database which are in path A
3) add a new smart playlist (wiki) which only shows movies in database which are in path B
4) add both smart playlist as favorite, then add them to home menu
5) Remove normal Movies link from home menu

Right now you are trying to use the Videos 'File view' to see the two paths. This seems inefficient to me.

Also, it might be better to add both the 2d and 3d folders as their own source, especially if you use seperate folders per film inside.
Worked perfectly, a whole new world of possibilities has just opened up to me. Smile