Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Some fanart missing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I am fairly new to XBMC but not a complete newbie. I have Frodo installed with the Ace skin, everything works well apart from a couple of glitches, the main one which annoys me is that when I view my music collection, I have all the artists names in alphabetical order on the left-hand side, when selected some show fanart of an album within the folder and some are blank, it doesn't matter if there is one or more albums in the folder, it seems just to display some. I have attached two screen shots:

This is selecting Alison Moyet, the fanart appears ok.

This is selecting Anastacia, there is no fanart, it is blank.

When I select the artist folder then all the albums for that artist are listed and all the fanarts are okay.

There are more blanks than fanarts, I have tried rescanning the library etc, nothing seems to work, any suggestions?

Many thanks
Firstly they're not fanarts they're artist thumbs; secondly if there's none in your folders or none available from the scraped site then they'll be empty.
When you select Anastacia, can you bring up the menu option (right click) and select Artist information to manually search for the artist thumb?
(2013-05-26, 19:18)RhysGM Wrote: [ -> ]When you select Anastacia, can you bring up the menu option (right click) and select Artist information to manually search for the artist thumb?

When I right click on Anastacia there is no Artist Information tab, there is Album Information but when I select it nothing happens, I gues because it is not a album?
If it says Album Information then you're in Albums not Artists. Also pressing i is the same.
(2013-05-27, 11:35)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]If it says Album Information then you're in Albums not Artists. Also pressing i is the same.

Okay yeah got it, changed to Artist, it now lists all the artists in alphabetical order, pressing i gives me the artist information. But now I don't have compilation albums listed, I suppose I have to go back to Albums?

As I said not a newbie but still learning!
I think there's a option in Music Settings for compilations.
I've used picard and musicbrainz to make sure all my compilations are have the id3 tags "Various Artists" for album artist, I then view all music by artist and I have the

System > Music > Library > "Include artists who appear only on compilations" > Disabled