Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: change font size for old crt tv or small lcd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I love all the skins of xbmc, but sometimes due the small font size in some skins it is difficult to read some info (plot....).

In windows there is a fantastic scripts from chapado user posted : xfontsize, and now that I'm trying to move all my pcs from windows to ubuntu. So I have tried to make it work.

This is what I have done in order to make it work properly:

1.- Install the latest version of wine :

Quote:sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install wine

2.- Download xfontsize script from the original post : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=56438
Unzip and copy to a folder where is easy to access for example : Desktop

3.- Right click on xfontsize.exe file and in permissions select "allow to run as executable program"

4.- Copy the Font.xml (make sure to make a copy in order to keep the original) from the skin folder and paste into the xfontsize folder.

5.- Open terminal and open the xfontsize folder

Quote:cd Desktop
cd xfontsize
Once you are located in the xfontsize folder type the following:

Quote:wine xfontsize.exe Font.xml x (where "x" is the number you want to increase the original font, if you add a "-" it will be decreased the original size)

6.- You would not see anything in the terminal, so it seems it did not do nothing. but it did. (it you get an error probably its a typing mistake)
Finally copy the Font.xml file from xfontsize folder to the skin folder (720p or 1080) and replace for the original

Restart xbmc and we got it. Bigger fonts Nod

You can try as many times as you would like until you find the wished font size .

For me to values between 3 and 5 are big enough

Thank you to chapado user for this lovely script. All the credits to him!!!!!