Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to get rid of the warning box when power is cycled?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using XBMC as a notice board player in a remote location. The idea is to use a raspberry pi powered from the USB port of a TV. The TV is on a sleep timer & can be set to come on and turn off whenever you want. The raspberry boots up when the TV comes on & plays a particular looping playlist. This part all works fine. Only problem I have is that there is a warning box which comes on when the raspberry loads up XBMC saying that 'Raspbmc should always be shut down via the power icon in the lower left corner'. When this happens, the playlist plays once and then stops.

Is there anything can be done to get rid of this? I could leave the raspberry permanently powered up, but there is always the possibility that some one will cycle the power & I'll have the same issue. There will be no one on site to correct the problem.

Thanks for any help,

Joe
There's the option to turn this off the Raspbmc settings.
To get rid of that warning box? Can you tell me where? I can find nothing......

Thanks,

Joe
Did you try going into the RaspBMC settings app? It's under "Programs".
Just found it thanks, I was looking under the settings. However my raspberry now seems to have died Sad. I'll have to put a new SD card in it to see if it is the board or the OS.

Joe
This would be why the warning pops up. It's not properly shutting down, and files are getting corrupted.
If I was you I would look into a way to power the Raspberry PI properly, because shutting it down repeatedly like that will always cause corruption on the disk after a few times.
Thats possible all right. I use one as a media player at home & have never had a problem with it turning it off abruptly.

When I get this going again, I'll probably leave it powered up, disable the message and depend on it restarting if the power is cycled. It may never be shutdown after all.

Joe
You must be the only one that can turn a Raspberry Pi off by killing the power repeatedly without having issues.

Lucky Smile