Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: slow mysql startup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have set up mysql on a synology NAS and tested first with 2 ION boxes which seems to work fine but then I added an intel box and it also works to find content, however it takes about 5 mins for the intel box to boot now. it sits on the XBMC splash page for a long time but eventually boots. using standfard advancedsetting and source XML files as per guide.

all 3 are running openelec 3.0.3 which is based on XBMC 12.2, really scratching my head here as cannot see any obvious problem? The NAS box is 8 bay so has a half decent cpu.

anyone run into same problem or know a solution thanks?
Debug log (wiki) needed.
i rebooted in debug mode and uploaded file ID 22732

Your debug xbmc.log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=22732
All boxes have the same kind of add-ons, too? I do see something eating at least 2 minutes for some reason right in the middle, but only for 2 minutes. I'm not sure what would get it stuck on the splash screen for 5 minutes. Even if it was just doing the scan for new items in the library, it should get you to the main XBMC menu even before it's done with that.
Hi

I saw that as well , however if i remove advanced settings and sources files i modified, it boots in less than a minute? it could have been only 3 mins, i did not time it to be honest, it just felt longer.

unless one of my plugins is somehow tied to the database? I have now loaded a second machine with a mirror image of the and deleted the data bases on the synology.

ill post back if this makes an improvement.

should read loaded mirror image of first intel
Can you change the skin to Confluence, disable the qlock plugins (or remove them) then restart and create a new debug log ?

I am wondering if this is caused by service.qlock or screensaver.qlock that are being used by a few skins such as Transparancy!
ok i will do but ill report this first:

i have recreated database and now its on splash screen for about 40secs, normal is usually less than 5. not the end of the world but ill try now with confluence.
please go about this methodically and post logs whenever you try something. Impossible to understand if you only say ' i tried this but didn't work' and we are still going by your previous log.
Ok changed to confluence and its back to normal , only 2 secs on splash. need to look at the skin now.

Ive uploaded the latest debug here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=22741
I believe it might be caused by the qlock plugin. Is it possible to disable this functionality in the skin you use ?

You might want to try with a few different skins.
Hi

OK disabled qlock and all good, no more delays. thank you very much for your quick replays and solution, much appreciated!!

i had qlock installed as both screensaver and as internal plugin on the skin itself if anyone else needs that info
Thanks for coming back with this info, we notified the creator of the plugin so he can look into it as well.