Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: What else can I sync via MySQL along w/ Movie Library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So now I feel like a badass that I finally got my XBMC Movies library to sync up and use "mark as viewed"

I have a few things on my Wishlist and let me know if this is possible or if what I have set up so far is pretty much as far as I'm going to get:
  • Video AddOns - Install Video Addon on one device, auto install on others
  • Sync Video AddOn - ex. I watch 8 eps of TV show on PC1, PC2 tells me same thing
  • Skin Settings - I have AeonMQ4 customized to my perfection, can I sync this or copy/paste it to other devices
(2013-05-28, 21:14)stevedawg85 Wrote: [ -> ]Video AddOns - Install Video Addon on one device, auto install on others
Not possible
(2013-05-28, 21:14)stevedawg85 Wrote: [ -> ]Sync Video AddOn - ex. I watch 8 eps of TV show on PC1, PC2 tells me same thing
...that I finally got my XBMC Movies library to sync up and use "mark as viewed" ...Isnt this that the same as your request?
(2013-05-28, 21:14)stevedawg85 Wrote: [ -> ]Skin Settings - I have AeonMQ4 customized to my perfection, can I sync this or copy/paste it to other devices

Not possible. Skin settings are stored in the guistteings.xml and that file also contains hardware specific information so you cant really share it between machines.
1- Video add-on installs could be "synced" using rsync or even some kind of dropbox solution. You want to avoid having the add-ons themselves being on a server location, because that will slow things down a lot. In the XBMC settings folder (one level above the userdata folder (wiki)) there's an "addons" folder, where the actual addons live. The other installs would probably have to be restarted for new add-ons to show up, though.

2- not sure I understand this one. Do you mean you want to sync watch status on add-ons that support watch status, or video files in general?

3- You could copy/paste the guisettings.xml file from the userdata folder, but I would not keep them in sync, since they will need to store device-specific settings as well as all the other settings.
(2013-05-28, 21:48)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean you want to sync watch status on add-ons that support watch status
yes! Sorry forgot to include important examples like 1Channel, IceFilms, etc.

(2013-05-28, 21:48)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]3- You could copy/paste the guisettings.xml file from the userdata folder, but I would not keep them in sync, since they will need to store device-specific settings as well as all the other settings.
hmmm, awesome thanks. So this would be best for one time copy/paste to get things going for me huh? I'll give this a try on a spare xbmc device first
(2013-05-28, 22:12)stevedawg85 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-28, 21:48)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean you want to sync watch status on add-ons that support watch status
yes! Sorry forgot to include important examples like 1Channel, IceFilms, etc.

We dont talk about pirate apps on this forum Smile ...trust me you will be banned Smile
gotcha!

What if I mean't Hulu video addon app instead. possible to retain "mark as seen" across my devices?
There are ways to share some of the settings files via scripting.

Put the settings or addon files you want to replicate on your local server. Then in your xbmc startup script something like

Code:
wget http://server/xbmc/guisettings.xml -O ~/.xbmc/usersettings/guisettings.xml
xbmc

For a whole directory like an addon (and it's settings) rsync may be a better bet.