Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: guisettings.xml Default
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I try and try, but I just can't figure this out for myself:

What file/source is XBMC using to recreate the guisettings.xml of userdata when it is erased (by user, or due to error). Where are these default settings stored?

Thanks,
K
The different settings are stored in the skin files and in the XBMC code.
(2013-05-29, 09:28)Kibje Wrote: [ -> ]The different settings are stored in the skin files and in the XBMC code.
Hi Kibje. Thanks for the reply, but I need a little more information. When userdata/guisettings.xml is deleted, where is XBMC getting the information from to recreate the guisettings.xml file? There must be another file it is using to copy and recreate the default guisettings, I presume? Where is this file located?
The names and defaults are hardcoded inside the XBMC code.
The names of some skinspecific settings are taken from the skin.xml files including the default values.

There is no default file.
I see. Thanks for clarifying that, Kibje. In particular, I am trying to switch the default skin from Confluence to a custom skin of my liking that I've found stable enough for the job. The current problem I have is that XBMC defaults to Confluence on system and configuration errors, and I would like to somehow force it to default to the custom skin instead. Any way to accomplish this without messing with the source?
As far as I know this can't be accomplished easily, but then again Confluence will only be defaulted when something is seriously wrong with either the guisettings.xml, the entier userdata folder, or the skin files of your custom skin. It defaults back because it is unable to load the custom selected skin.

In all these situations you would probably not be able to run your custom skin anyway, or would want to perform maintenance on the system.
If my sister calls me and says: the entire XBMC is suddenly totally weird, I know she is looking at confluence and something bad occurred.
In normal usage you will never ever see it revert back to the default.
That's fine, but I would still rather it wouldn't revert to Confluence, but a chosen skin instead. While switching to different skins to try, I've had reverts back to Confluence multiple times. How would I go about changing that behaviour -- even if it means editing the source code (I'm no stranger to coding).

And, another question occurs: what if something goes wrong with the Confluence skin? What does XBMC (the software) do then?

Thanks,
K

Is there anyone who can shed light on this enigma?

Where is the default skin defined in XBMC, and how would one go about changing that to a skin of one's choice?
Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Ned.
Hi Guys,

I really need help with this.

I need to build a custom XBMC with specific skin settings options (This is from my guisettings.xml):

<skinsettings>
<setting type="bool" name="skin.confluence.Use_Startup_Playlist">false</setting>
<setting type="bool" name="skin.confluence.UseCustomBackground">false</setting>
<setting type="bool" name="skin.confluence.HideBackGroundFanart">false</setting>
<setting type="bool" name="skin.confluence.ShowBackgroundVideo">false</setting>
<setting type="bool" name="skin.confluence.ShowBackgroundVis">false</setting>
<setting type="bool" name="skin.confluence.HomepageHideRecentlyAddedVideo">false</setting>
<setting type="bool" name="skin.confluence.HomepageHideRecentlyAddedAlbums">false</setting>
<setting type="bool" name="skin.confluence.homepageWeatherinfo">false</setting>
<setting type="bool" name="skin.confluence.homepageMusicinfo">false</setting>
<setting type="bool" name="skin.confluence.homepageVideoinfo">false</setting>
<setting type="bool" name="skin.confluence.HomeMenuNoMovieButton">false</setting>
<setting type="bool" name="skin.confluence.HomeMenuNoTVShowButton">false</setting>
<setting type="bool" name="skin.confluence.HomeMenuNoWeatherButton">true</setting>
<setting type="bool" name="skin.confluence.HomeMenuNoPicturesButton">true</setting>
<setting type="bool" name="skin.confluence.HomeMenuNoVideosButton">false</setting>
<setting type="bool" name="skin.confluence.HomeMenuNoMusicButton">true</setting>
<setting type="bool" name="skin.confluence.HomeMenuNoProgramsButton">true</setting>
<setting type="bool" name="skin.confluence.AutoScroll">true</setting>
<setting type="bool" name="skin.confluence.Show_SlideShow_Paused">false</setting>
<setting type="bool" name="skin.confluence.WindowedTrailer">false</setting>
<setting type="bool" name="skin.confluence.HideFilenameFlagging">false</setting>
<setting type="bool" name="skin.confluence.ActivateTvTunes">false</setting>
<setting type="bool" name="skin.confluence.HideVisualizationFanart">false</setting>
<setting type="bool" name="skin.confluence.FirstTimeRun">true</setting>
<setting type="string" name="skin.confluence.CustomBackgroundPath"></setting>
<setting type="string" name="skin.confluence.HomeVideosButton1">plugin.video.pixon</setting>
<setting type="string" name="skin.confluence.HomeVideosButton2"></setting>
<setting type="string" name="skin.confluence.HomeVideosButton3"></setting>
<setting type="string" name="skin.confluence.HomeVideosButton4"></setting>
<setting type="string" name="skin.confluence.HomeVideosButton5"></setting>
<setting type="string" name="skin.confluence.HomeMusicButton1"></setting>
<setting type="string" name="skin.confluence.HomeMusicButton2"></setting>
<setting type="string" name="skin.confluence.HomeMusicButton3"></setting>
<setting type="string" name="skin.confluence.HomeMusicButton4"></setting>
<setting type="string" name="skin.confluence.HomeMusicButton5"></setting>
<setting type="string" name="skin.confluence.HomePictureButton1"></setting>
<setting type="string" name="skin.confluence.HomePictureButton2"></setting>
<setting type="string" name="skin.confluence.HomePictureButton3"></setting>
<setting type="string" name="skin.confluence.HomePictureButton4"></setting>
<setting type="string" name="skin.confluence.HomePictureButton5"></setting>
<setting type="string" name="skin.confluence.HomeProgramButton1"></setting>
<setting type="string" name="skin.confluence.HomeProgramButton2"></setting>
<setting type="string" name="skin.confluence.HomeProgramButton3"></setting>
<setting type="string" name="skin.confluence.HomeProgramButton4"></setting>
<setting type="string" name="skin.confluence.HomeProgramButton5"></setting>
<setting type="string" name="skin.confluence.Startup_Playlist_Path"></setting>
<setting type="string" name="skin.confluence.LyricScript_Path"></setting>
<setting type="string" name="skin.confluence.HomeProgramButton6"></setting>
</skinsettings>

What I need to change or how I have to change the file settings.xml?
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ttings.xml

Please let me know.

Thank you