Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How Can I set audio passthrough?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I bought a Raspberry PI because I want to play high-res files from HDTracks. The music I bought is FLAC in 192kHz/24bit resolution.
I have a Marantz AV7005 that can decode anything and just want to pass through the audio stream to my receiver.

The same applies to movies, I want to pass through the DTS-HD audio to the receiver.

I am using HDMI to connect to my receiver and openELEC build 3.03.

Is this possible with xbmc and the Raspberry PI ?

Hope that some one can help me, I have Google'd for days and
nope
RPi does not support HD audio formats,unless not yet
I don't want the rpi to decode it, just use pass through
yes I know what you saying but again the answer is same
All HD audio formats are out in lover formats so only DD or DTS
OK but do yo know if it can play FLAC in 192kHz/24bit resolution.
not sure if I have a flac with this specs to test.
Any sample you could provide?
I got one, how can I send it to you?
(2013-05-29, 17:59)Martin_Andersen Wrote: [ -> ]I got one, how can I send it to you?

upload it to dropbox or similar and send me lunk to my PM
thanks for the sample, great one Wink
unfortunately this file does not play on RPi, or it does but like in slow mode, I would say 1/4 of BPM what it should Smile
It sounds really weird and it is unusable at all.
I have tested this on XBian with pass through HDMI -> ONKYO TX-NR905 which detects the out as PCM (as it should I suppose)

edit: I think that Mr. popcornmix would give us an answer and better explanation for this
In that case my system set up is OK, and that's bad, because I have never heard Hotel California in such a laid back version.

I hope that Mr. popcornmix can find an answer to this.
if someone's interested her is a good source of all kind of samples for testing Wink
http://www.2l.no/hires/index.html
im not sure but I think that none of the 24-BIT files are actually out as 24-BIT but instead just 16-BIT. thoses plays (fine) up to 24BIT/96kHz, anything higher than this is unusable as I mentioned before
Is there a system that can run on my RPi that can do what I want?